First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am new to the forum and I just ordered myself a Maverick after watching a lot of videos and doing a lot of research online. I'm generally a car shopper that does a lot of research before buying and tests multiple vehicles. That is not easy to do right now because nothing is in stock.

I found a Maverick on the lot at a small dealer in the town where I work (about 30 miles form where I live). I had checked a bunch of other dealers in the much bigger towns/cities around me and none of them had a Maverick in stock. The one I found was already sold (and a FWD XL, so not what I was looking for anyway) but it was on the lot because the buyer hadn't picked it up yet. Therefore, I could get a feel for the size, sit in it, etc. (I couldn't drive it since it was sold...totally understand that).

Anyway, I have three kids at home plus a wife and my concern was that we wouldn't all fit in such a small truck. Differing schedules mean we rarely all go anywhere together, but it does happen. After sitting in it and finding it very comfortable I determined that it would be tight with all five of us, but doable. If I have to make a cross country drive with the whole family I'll probably just rent a 3 row SUV or mini-van and save wear and tear on our vehicles.

So, after a conversion with the salesman I put down a $500 deposit and placed an order for (drumroll):

XLT in Alto Blue
2.0 EcoBoost/AWD
Luxury Package
FX4 Package
Co-Pilot 360
Floor Trays w/ Mats

I might have gotten carried away checking option boxes. I will probably never use the extra capability of the FX4 package, but for $800 it seemed worth it just in case or for resale value down the road.

About an hour after I left the dealership I got an email from Ford confirming my order had been placed. Now the wait begins.

I last ordered a new vehicle in 1994 when I bought a Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-Door 4x4 with a manual transmission. Try finding that on a lot even in 1994. That order arrived about six weeks after I placed it. I expect to wait a lot longer for the Maverick. Luckily, now I'm a lot older (is that lucky?) and in theory my ability to wait is improved.

I'm very happy to be here!

Ford Maverick New Here and New Order 2022 Mavrick Order Confirmation
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy you are able to get what you want. If you decide to change anything you just need to do it before your scheduled scheduled. Do you qualify for x plan, military rebate, or any other discounts? Ford is sending out rebates to select people. Sign up for the physical and email mailing list. They might send you one, I got it for $750 off. Anyway, congrats and have fun shopping accessories until the truck comes in. I have a bucket of parts already line up for my truck.

OP
OP
Landric

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think I will change anything. I ordered exactly what I wanted and I shouldn't go monkeying around with it now. That doesn't mean I won't though.

I was never in the military and I don't know what X Plan is. I would probably qualify for a first responder rebate if there is one. Is there somewhere I can go for details? Thanks!

HALWADE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw your thread headline and came to say I’m a huge fan of New Order. Saw them two years after Ian Curtis killed himself at Billy Barty’s Roller Disco Fantasy in Fullerton, CA, January 1983.

Ian killed himself on the eve of Joy Division’s first US tour in England, not at Billy Barry’s Roller Disco Fantasy as my clumsy syntax above implied.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nice truck…
Sponsored