My experiences so far, and a couple questions

track me

First Name
Soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, / CRV
As I sneak up on my first 1K miles on my XL Hybrid thought I would add to the many posts on this truck.
First, took 8 months to take ownership. Ford, and dealership communication was minimal. No extra mark ups or games from the dealer. Sorry for those that have had different luck.

Second I did not design it, so it is not my perfect truck. Just close, maybe the closest I have ever come. The truck is as described by Ford. YMMV
Getting great fuel economy in a comfortable ride. I ordered it with spray in bed liner, hitch receiver, and inverter. Have added a REV hard roll up, floor mats, and a DYI side bed rail mod.

Things I have discovered: Lots of things will affect the mileage. Maybe more so than any other vehicle I have owned. Temp, and elevation changes are most pronounced. Have not seen extreme cold since winter was mostly over when it arrived. But my daily drive I see it drop 2 or 3 MPG around 40 deg. then again at around 30. I have used the FP phone app to start it a couple times, but never left it idle long and have not had any erratic idle or revving. The infotainment system has acted weird a couple times, but not sure if that is my lack of knowledge on it, or glitches.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I have plans of adding a bed cubby or two, and front bed D ring tie downs. They seem as though they would be very handy, or are they just marketing? So how about it? For those that have added them or have upper trims with them, have they proven useful?
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I sneak up on my first 1K miles on my XL Hybrid thought I would add to the many posts on this truck.
First, took 8 months to take ownership. Ford, and dealership communication was minimal. No extra mark ups or games from the dealer. Sorry for those that have had different luck.

Second I did not design it, so it is not my perfect truck. Just close, maybe the closest I have ever come. The truck is as described by Ford. YMMV
Getting great fuel economy in a comfortable ride. I ordered it with spray in bed liner, hitch receiver, and inverter. Have added a REV hard roll up, floor mats, and a DYI side bed rail mod.

Things I have discovered: Lots of things will affect the mileage. Maybe more so than any other vehicle I have owned. Temp, and elevation changes are most pronounced. Have not seen extreme cold since winter was mostly over when it arrived. But my daily drive I see it drop 2 or 3 MPG around 40 deg. then again at around 30. I have used the FP phone app to start it a couple times, but never left it idle long and have not had any erratic idle or revving. The infotainment system has acted weird a couple times, but not sure if that is my lack of knowledge on it, or glitches.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I have plans of adding a bed cubby or two, and front bed D ring tie downs. They seem as though they would be very handy, or are they just marketing? So how about it? For those that have added them or have upper trims with them, have they proven useful?

Just a couple of things.

I take it you have the Sync 3 infotainment system? IF so (or not), make sure the software version is set to automatic update. The first time I updated it (day 2 of ownership), the update took about 10 minutes in my garage. Maybe that will take care of the glitches.

Bed cubby will come in handy (both sides would be best as you never know when you need them).
D-Rings definitely came in handy moving furniture and bedding recently. Yeah, I have the rails, but the D-Rings proved the best tie-downs.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

track me

First Name
Soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, / CRV
Just a couple of things.

I take it you have the Sync 3 infotainment system? IF so (or not), make sure the software version is set to automatic update. The first time I updated it (day 2 of ownership), the update took about 10 minutes in my garage. Maybe that will take care of the glitches.

Bed cubby will come in handy (both sides would be best as you never know when you need them).
D-Rings definitely came in handy moving furniture and bedding recently. Yeah, I have the rails, but the D-Rings proved the best tie-downs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I think having some anchor point down low is probably very useful. The cubbies also just say you WILL use them for straps and small things that stay in the truck. Are they sealed up to the weather pretty well?

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I think having some anchor point down low is probably very useful. The cubbies also just say you WILL use them for straps and small things that stay in the truck. Are they sealed up to the weather pretty well?
Yes and yes. Never know when you really need them. Some may say use the under seat storage, but having straps easily accessible from the tailgate is much better.

Do not see the one in my bed having a weather issue as I use it for towels/rags.

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another question maybe you can answer... How far back can the driver and passenger seatbacks go? Far enough back to comfortably sleep for a couple hours on a long trip? Just curious.

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another question maybe you can answer... How far back can the driver and passenger seatbacks go? Far enough back to comfortably sleep for a couple hours on a long trip? Just curious.
Never tried it. They do not recline to the point of touching the rear seat bench.