Not open for further replies.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Why pay $400 for the springs? They're only $260 shipped from Tire Rack.

Also, what's your plan for the rear? @Canyon Racer modified his lower isolator but @JJC used Escape isolators. One reported a substantially uneven drop in the rear but the other didn't seem to mention it. I am curious to see another persons take on the springs. Also both reported the front Escape springs are lose on the struts and can spin freely. I suggested to them using Escape struts and shocks for a better outcome. Anyways, I've got the itch to lower mine, especially with my new wheels but it seems there's just too much modification required for me thus I'll wait for the Maverick specific springs.

Dave

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And I am going the other way. I have a fellow in southern Arizona that made my shocks for my Baja motorcycle and having him make some long stroke coil overs for my Maverick. I am also looking at how I can make it a true four link suspension so I can get max wheel travel. This truck is the most fun I have had since I got my first car in 1965.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, it appears that the Bronco Sport suspension is nearly the exact same as the Maverick. I had a chance to inspect a Bronco Sport undercarriage while I was at the dealership last week and they appear to be the same.

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a second escape left rubber squeek isolator from ford(11$) when I did these springs on my truck and used that on the right side so it fit the spring right.

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I bought a second escape left rubber squeek isolator from ford(11$) when I did these springs on my truck and used that on the right side so it fit the spring right.
Any pictures of yours or more info? I didn't realize we already had a third on the Escape springs. Did your rear drop evenly from side to side? Also, I can't quite tell it from your avatar but it looks like yours may be squatting? I know Canyon Racer and JJC both mentioned shimming the back higher, I don't know if it was just for a preferred look or if it was necessary to keep the back from sitting lower.

I'm really trying to hold off for the Maverick specific springs so I don't run into any trouble but if enough report little to no issues I may give these a go. The sporty wheels and tires I now have just do not look right at stock height. I'm almost considering going back to stock wheels until I can lower and fully look the sport truck part.

Dave

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Also, @FakeCowboy should get in here to properly assess the lifetime on that poor 8F35.

How long has this one been tuned without transmission issues? And how many miles/pulls has it succumb to in that time? Just wondering because we have folks on here who seem to the think the transmission is too weak even for stock torque.. :rolleyes:

Dave

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any pictures of yours or more info? I didn't realize we already had a third on the Escape springs. Did your rear drop evenly from side to side? Also, I can't quite tell it from your avatar but it looks like yours may be squatting? I know Canyon Racer and JJC both mentioned shimming the back higher, I don't know if it was just for a preferred look or if it was necessary to keep the back from sitting lower.

I'm really trying to hold off for the Maverick specific springs so I don't run into any trouble but if enough report little to no issues I may give these a go. The sporty wheels and tires I now have just do not look right at stock height. I'm almost considering going back to stock wheels until I can lower and fully look the sport truck part.

Dave
Didn't really measure the back vs front. These are super temporary... Honestly you can barely tell it lowered it any at all. I've been bugging every coil over company about making a coilover kit for the truck. I never get anything beyond a form letter back from the companies stating they aren't interested in making coilovers for the truck.

Im on the list for the ones from the blue truck from sema but they just say sometime after spring.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Didn't really measure the back vs front. These are super temporary... Honestly you can barely tell it lowered it any at all. I've been bugging every coil over company about making a coilover kit for the truck. I never get anything beyond a form letter back from the companies stating they aren't interested in making coilovers for the truck.

Im on the list for the ones from the blue truck from sema but they just say sometime after spring.
So you just threw springs at it? I understand the temporary, but to not measure the drop to even get an idea? I don't get that at all. And yes, from reading on here, ISC will be around the corner but $256 for springs vs $1600 for coilovers; this old man is fine with the springs if I can confirm what's actually going on.

If you simply pull a tape from ground to the fender at each corner, and all four corners sit the same, that should reveal if the drop was at least equal all around. I'd really appreciate it.

So far what I'm seeing for H&R AWD Escape springs on the AWD Maverick:
Canyon Racer - 2" front drop, 3" rear drop, modified rear insulator
JJC - also 2" front drop, but rear drop uneven 3.5" driver and 3" passenger, used Escape insulator
Asaleigh - no measurements, can barely tell it lowered any at all, used Escape insulator
Mrboom_5.0 - TBD pending installation

I suppose I'll await Mr Boom's results. Anyone else installed the H&R I can compare notes with?

-Dave

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haha, I throw money at worthless car parts all the time. I'm not a numbers person. Any low is better than no low. I can measure for you though.
1600$ for good coilovers is about right, hopefully they make an extreme low option. I'd be sad if it's only a 2-4 inch drop.

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Also, @FakeCowboy should get in here to properly assess the lifetime on that poor 8F35.

How long has this one been tuned without transmission issues? And how many miles/pulls has it succumb to in that time? Just wondering because we have folks on here who seem to the think the transmission is too weak even for stock torque.. :rolleyes:

Dave
So glad you're thinking of me. I was merely providing information based on Ford specifications. Clearly Mr boom doesn't care at all. You could have physical relations with your Maverick and maybe you do, I don't really care, I was just posing factual information unlike tuners like 5 star who make claims of it having an 8F57 which clearly isn't the case. So butt hurt you are....

Status
Not open for further replies.