First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The very first thing I am going to do is remove every ounce of orange from this truck minus the seat stitching. The wheels will be powder coated gloss black, the hooks painted black and the orange grill trim removed. I had an XL with a different grille until it was totaled, and I loved it. Not sure if that orange insert is removable from the XLT grille.

I want to make a set of silver/black Tremor decals to replace all of the other ones if I just don't remove them altogether.

Lots of pieces from my old Maverick were saved for use on this new truck.

We will see how long it takes to come in.
Sponsored

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why a Tremor if you don't like the orange, besides the advanced AWD, it's one if the defining features of the trim. Also the Tremor Appearance Package removes a lot of the orange

You could consider a parts swap rather than painting the orange pieces. I for one like the Tremor but isn't order it as I wanted 4K Tow. So I went FX4, but I have considered swapping out for the Tremor parts if they come available in the future. Specifically for two of the things you seem to dislike, orange tow hooks, and an orange accent grill

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
to be honest I could probably do without the bed side decals and the orange wheel pockets but am withholding judgement till the actual truck is in hand.

Ford Maverick Mods when it arrives. t4

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why a Tremor if you don't like the orange, besides the advanced AWD, it's one if the defining features of the trim. Also the Tremor Appearance Package removes a lot of the orange

You could consider a parts swap rather than painting the orange pieces. I for one like the Tremor but isn't order it as I wanted 4K Tow. So I went FX4, but I have considered swapping out for the Tremor parts if they come available in the future. Specifically for two of the things you seem to dislike, orange tow hooks, and an orange accent grill
Same here. I was all set to order a Tremor until I found out you couldn't get 4K tow and it reduces the payload.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The normal xlt has some orange on the inside too, so not getting a Tremor may not remove all the orange from the truck.

He may be getting Tremor just for the lift, the cost to buy and then pay to have installed a "good" lift kit puts you most of the way to a Tremor and with the Tremor you don't have to worry about warranty or if the aftermarket lift will make for other problems.

Sponsored

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The normal xlt has some orange on the inside too, so not getting a Tremor may not remove all the orange from the truck.

He may be getting Tremor just for the lift, the cost to buy and then pay to have installed a "good" lift kit puts you most of the way to a Tremor and with the Tremor you don't have to worry about warranty or if the aftermarket lift will make for other problems.
They offer a Black Appearance Package for that, almost identical to the Tremor package, though it's probably one of the most constrained options. Tremor will definitely still have Orange inside because it is the seat accent color for the name and stitching

Yes, it's possible to want the Tremor for mechanical options. From what I can tell there are 4 that are unique to the Tremor (most others are shared with FX4)
  • Advanced AWD with twin clutch rear drive
  • Offroad suspension with lift (1" I believe)
  • New front bumper with improved approach angle
  • Trail Control
Also one unique cosmetic reason, Avalanche Gray

I guess to me the Tremor comes with a lot of orange and is its signature, so it seems strange to get the Tremor if you aren't okay with it. I'm personally partial to orange and may try to source a few Tremor parts such as the orange accent grille and orange two hooks if I can (or paint them). In that regards people like OP might be good as they may just want to swap those parts off their Tremors into the hands of people like me who want them

DeezTrucks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2002 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want more orange personally. My truck will get a few orange decals immediately.
Go Tigers.

OP
OP
vezpa

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered this Tremor with no intent on keeping it 3 weeks before some POS totaled out my loaded XL with 4k, 360 sunroof etc.

I can't change the order because of the body code so I now will have a Tremor. I changed the color and everything else to what I would want. I didn't want an FX4 because you can't get the black appearance package and I refuse seats that look like blue jeans. There is no reason Ford wouldn't allow a blackout package on an FX4 or a 4k TOW on a Tremor. I ordered the 4k tow on my last truck but I don't tow anything over 2k lbs now so I'll survive. The Tremor has the upgraded trans cooler so I'm sure it could easily tow another 1k lbs anyway. I will either lift the front another inch or drop the rear an inch to get it more level like my last truck. 245s going on it the day I take delivery. Will make it into a comparable truck with my last. I could care less about the upgraded AWD setup because I'm not planning on going to Moab anytime soon.

Last edited:

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
to be honest I could probably do without the bed side decals and the orange wheel pockets but am withholding judgement till the actual truck is in hand.

t4.jpg
I'd probably do without it on HPR as well. On black, white, and Avalanche I think it looks pretty good.

OP
OP
vezpa

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The red Tremor looks great but the orange doesn't go at all. Would look amazing trimmed in black.

Anyone else not like the blacked out OEM taillights?

Sponsored

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered this Tremor with no intent on keeping it 3 weeks before some POS totaled out my loaded XL with 4k, 360 sunroof etc.

I can't change the order because of the body code so I now will have a Tremor. I changed the color and everything else to what I would want. I didn't want an FX4 because you can't get the black appearance package and I refuse to seat on seats that look like blue jeans. There is no reason Ford wouldn't allow a blackout package on an FX4 or a 4k on a Tremor. I ordered the 4k tow on my last truck but I don't tow anything over $2k lbs now so I'll survive. The Tremor has the upgraded trans cooler so I'm sure it could easily tow another 1k lbs anyway. I will either lift the front another inch or drop the rear an inch to get it more level like my last truck. 245s going on it the day I take delivery. Will make it into a comparable truck with my last. I could care less about the upgraded AWD setup because I'm not planning on going to Moab anytime soon.
You ordered the Tremor to flip originally? Also that sucks about your XL, sorry to hear.

I agree that I don't understand the restriction of BAP with 4FX. It's like Ford felt that was too similar to the Tremor so intentionally restricted that package combination. Also BAP and Tremor are only 10% and 8% respectively, so Ford may have just wanted to restrict it as they though it might be too popular. Just speculating though.

I could take or leave the interior of the Tremor, but I do like the blacked out exterior of the Tremor and BAP, especially the headlights. I wanted 4K Tow though, will I use it often? Probably not, but have some plans where it would be needed

a_bartle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Maverick, '87 Fiero, '98 Mustang, '09 Sky
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. I was all set to order a Tremor until I found out you couldn't get 4K tow and it reduces the payload.
Yeah, I liked the thought of the more advanced AWD system, but no 4K tow and less payload? Curious as to why...
Sponsored