2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had carpal tunnel surgery on Wednesday and I’m struggling. This is my only social media. Who can commiserate with me?
Ford Maverick Misery loves company D1552ED4-09AA-45EB-89A3-EC96196C0216
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ahhh man, sorry to hear that. Hoping you have a speedy recovery!!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hang tough!! You’ll be better before you know it. I’ve had that same surgery in both hands several years ago, plus needed the ulnar nerve repositioned in my left elbow and hand…and I’m left handed. On 7 November, I had L4-L5 in my lower lumbar spine fused together along with having a laminectomy where the center part of the vertebrae was removed and replaced with a titanium cage. And coming up after Christmas, I have multiple levels in my cervical spine that I’m having surgery on to fuse more vertebrae together.

Don’t do anything the doctor says not to do. Elevation and ice are your best friends!

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hang tough!! You’ll be better before you know it. I’ve had that same surgery in both hands several years ago, plus needed the ulnar nerve repositioned in my left elbow and hand…and I’m left handed.
I had those same surgeries in 2018 and my left fingers only regained some of the feeling back. Im a heavy equipment tech so it kinda sucks lol. I dislocated my elbow.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had carpal tunnel surgery on Wednesday and I’m struggling. This is my only social media. Who can commiserate with me?
D1552ED4-09AA-45EB-89A3-EC96196C0216.jpeg
That's what happens when you do it too much. Probably gonna go blind from it.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had those same surgeries in 2018 and my left fingers only regained some of the feeling back. Im a heavy equipment tech so it kinda sucks lol. I dislocated my elbow.
The problems with my cervical and lumbar spine originated from my Army years from 1981-1993. Being in combat arms and on tanks, it was very tough on my body. Carrying an 80 lb rucksack plus an M16 and LBE (load bearing equipment) for up to 25 miles in a tactical environment, BIVOUAC, field training, plus tank live fire exercises. And when we weren't in the field, we did PT once or twice a day for 1 1/2 hrs at a time, plus work a full day. Over time, it wore on me physically. As I got older, things got worse. I've had nearly 40 service connected surgeries, and that's not including small procedures I've had done. But, I wouldn't go back and change anything if I could. The Army made me the man I am today, and I was proud to serve my country for 12 years! I would have stayed 20+ years, but my feet, back, and neck led to a medical discharge. I'm rated at 100% permanent and total by the VA.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hang tough!! You’ll be better before you know it. I’ve had that same surgery in both hands several years ago, plus needed the ulnar nerve repositioned in my left elbow and hand…and I’m left handed. On 7 November, I had L4-L5 in my lower lumbar spine fused together along with having a laminectomy where the center part of the vertebrae was removed and replaced with a titanium cage. And coming up after Christmas, I have multiple levels in my cervical spine that I’m having surgery on to fuse more vertebrae together.

Don’t do anything the doctor says not to do. Elevation and ice are your best friends!
Good grief man! What do you do for a living? Is your real name Evil Knievel ;)

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The problems with my cervical and lumbar spine originated from my Army years from 1981-1993. Being in combat arms and on tanks, it was very tough on my body. Carrying an 80 lb rucksack plus an M16 and LBE (load bearing equipment) for up to 25 miles in a tactical environment, BIVOUAC, field training, plus tank live fire exercises. And when we weren't in the field, we did PT once or twice a day for 1 1/2 hrs at a time, plus work a full day. Over time, it wore on me physically. As I got older, things got worse. I've had nearly 40 service connected surgeries, and that's not including small procedures I've had done. But, I wouldn't go back and change anything if I could. The Army made me the man I am today, and I was proud to serve my country for 12 years! I would have stayed 20+ years, but my feet, back, and neck led to a medical discharge. I'm rated at 100% permanent and total by the VA.
I would have retired too. The Army helped me transition into a well paying field in civilian life. I also got a medical discharge and am at 80% currently. I should give up my civilian job, its killing me lol.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good grief man! What do you do for a living? Is your real name Evil Knievel ;)
As I said above, I was in the Army for almost 12 years in combat arms. My body took a beating for the 12 years I was in. I guess some people in general just don’t realize how much of a physical demand the Army takes on your body, especially if you are a career soldier like I was.

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I said above, I was in the Army for almost 12 years in combat arms. My body took a beating for the 12 years I was in. I guess some people in general just don’t realize how much of a physical demand the Army takes on your body, especially if you are a career soldier like I was.
Ahh, I get it. My son is in the Marine Corps. After 6 years as an 0331, he feels your pain ;)

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I sorta know how you’re feeling…my Tuesday was a little pain in the a§§.
Hope you’re left handed…

1671218335970.jpeg
1671218272299.jpeg

1671218291621.jpeg
I’ve got some SI issues too. I hope everything works out and you heal quickly! My friend loves to make fun of my achin sacroiliac!

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To the OP - hang in there, and follow your surgeon's advice on rehab as you get better. I know it's a "pain" (literally), but here's hoping and praying that you get back to 100% quickly.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just had some outpatient surgery on top of my rheumatoid arthritis which comes and goes- I feel your pain. Our Mavs give us something to take our minds off our problems.
Sponsored