Michiganders

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Seams like dealers are getting one or two in for stock but those of us they ordered and ready to buy can't get a build date. Just not right in my book.
I work at a dealer and we have our orders in, and we are getting our 2 mavericks but we (as in the dealer) have not gotten a order or build date. Ford is trying as hard as they can to fulfill the orders of the customers. Sometimes this is also hard because people may order through the dealer, then cancel, giving the dealer inventory. It may seem tough but right now dealers will be getting customer orders probably before (UNLESS itā€™s their manikin model AKA their demo)

if a dealer has placed an order on a hybrid then that probably wonā€™t arrive till 2022.
Ford is pushing for hybrids for customers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I work at a dealer and we have our orders in, and we are getting our 2 mavericks but we (as in the dealer) have not gotten a order or build date. Ford is trying as hard as they can to fulfill the orders of the customers. Sometimes this is also hard because people may order through the dealer, then cancel, giving the dealer inventory. It may seem tough but right now dealers will be getting customer orders probably before (UNLESS itā€™s their manikin model AKA their demo)

if a dealer has placed an order on a hybrid then that probably wonā€™t arrive till 2022.
Thank you very much, is it rude to go ask a dealership if I can test drive it wnem though I won't be buying one from them? šŸ¤”

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Thank you very much, is it rude to go ask a dealership if I can test drive it wnem though I won't be buying one from them? šŸ¤”
nope! We like the attention, especially when it becomes a competition between dealers. If for example the truck is in limited quantity and high demand, they may not test drive it unless it is the demo. For example we have a few broncos, 2 demos and 1 for sale and if someone wants to test drive them we only will allow it in the demo because of the limited quantity and high demand of that vehicle. When they get one it may only be the 2.0L because of the delay in dealer stock hybrids, but hey a maverick is a maverick.
So long story short, it really doesnā€™t hurt to ask, take a few business cards and even if you donā€™t use them, itā€™ll make someone happy.
Let me know if you have any other questions too.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck

So just curious if you go on a dealer website or even on the ford inventory search page you see some of the Mavericks listed as ā€œdealer orderedā€ does that mean it is a stock unit and everything else is a customer orders?

also just curious since your at a dealer in southeast mi, how do dealers around here feel when they sell most units at AZ plan pricing and dealers in other parts of the country are able to sell at markups thousands over MSRP. If it was a dealer around here Iā€™d been a little upset I couldnā€™t take advantage of the hot market

Bronco

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have a recommended dealer around SE MI? Live in Dearborn and looking to place an order. Saw the posts where people are getting their truck but marked up way past MSRP, trying to avoid that.

Sponsored

sunandsnow11

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion
Anyone have a recommended dealer around SE MI? Live in Dearborn and looking to place an order. Saw the posts where people are getting their truck but marked up way past MSRP, trying to avoid that.
I ordered from Bill Brown in Livonia. I don't think they are marking up, but I'm not 100% sure. I will update once I take delivery! (Will hopefully be in the next 2 weeks!!)

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been talking to Matt at Roy Obrien and he seems very knowledgeable and is very helpful. I would suggest him, just not Wilson ford in Saginaw, .

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
this was the first time Iā€™ve bought a new car in the Detroit area, but I get the sense that dealers canā€™t really mark up much around here since a lot of people can get AZ plan or at least X plan.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been talking to Matt at Roy Obrien and he seems very knowledgeable and is very helpful. I would suggest him, just not Wilson ford in Saginaw, .
That's my dealership...Roy O'Brien Ford in Saint Clair Shores. Bought my first truck, an F150, from them in 1999.

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all
Once again Posting on here because here at Suburban Ford of Ferndale, we have another Maverick for sale. This Maverick is an XL, 2.0L Ecoboost, AWD, iconic silver, has full size spare and ford COPILOT 360! PM me or reply for more info!
Wish it was an xlt I might drive 2 hours to come look at it.

Sponsored

Chief83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 Plug-In Hybrid šŸš , 1 Hybrid šŸ›» on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT Hybrid Lux w/ manual sliding window & all weather mats.
Ordered 6/10 with confirmation email that morning while leaving dealership.
Just received scheduling email last Thursday (10/14) with a build week of 12/6.

Deeunicorn

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang
Midland, Mi- Went to Midland Ford, Order 7/17 Larait , AWD, 2.0, Area 51 Off Road package, luxury package, moon Roof, engine heater, tonto soft cover and Tick tock goes the clock. :)

sunandsnow11

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion
I promised I would check back when I took delivery! I finally officially purchased my Maverick this afternoon!
John B. at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia did not add any dealership fees or anything over the window sticker price that I could see on my paperwork. It's important to note that I used A/Z plan for the purchase, but there was nothing on there except the normal documentation fees. Hope you're able to find a good dealer match and get your truck soon!

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's my dealership...Roy O'Brien Ford in Saint Clair Shores. Bought my first truck, an F150, from them in 1999.
I ordered from Roy O'Brien as well on the 18th. Received a DORA from them but no email from Ford yet.

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered from Roy O'Brien as well on the 18th. Received a DORA from them but no email from Ford yet.
I would check with them, you should have gotten an order confirmation from Ford by now. Double check your spam folder, and make sure they put your email in correctly. Congratulations on the new truck. Now the waiting game begins.
Sponsored