Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone,

I just managed to find a Maverick in Ontario that was inbound to a dealership and was not spoken for. It was almost exactly what I was planning to factory order but had already been built and is inbound to the dealership!

I cold called most dealerships (100+) in Ontario and I would say around 10-15% of them are in the same situation. Stock MY 23 2.0L Mavericks that are inbound that you can attach your name to or Mavericks that were factory ordered and their future owners backed out.

Now what you end up paying for the Mavericks will vary. Some dealers are doing MSRP, require you to take some accessories, or layer on significant amounts on top of MSRP. Some were willing to negotiate price or even do A/Z/X Plan on them.

Happy to share the list of dealers I was able to find with some of the details through PM.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Users here will swear up and down anyone claiming they got a canceled order for msrp or lower is lying.

congrats on putting in the work and enjoy it!!

OP
OP

windowsmedia10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The order I got will not be price protected since I'm not the one who ordered it, but I was able to get Z Plan on it. No lies and like I said, it seems to be getting more commonplace now that interest rates are so high.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the other CA as in California. My very small local dealer shows 8 Mavs in stock [A couple of days ago it was 10] including several hybrids and one XL that had been registered so technically was not new and had 12 miles on it when the Carfax was pulled. A few days ago the 2.0 EB's were priced +$7k over MSRP, today they are priced $5k over sticker. Window stickers show all were special order, not dealer inventory. My guess is that interest rates have affected some buyers. But it still is curious that a very small dealer can have so many Mavs on their lot. Encinitas Ford in 92024.

Joy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat, 2023 Maverick XL
Engine
Undecided
I live in the Midwest and a dealer near me has 10 Mavericks. Ironically, the dealer is still trying to play the $5k markup game as the trucks stack up. I do think more people are abandoning orders because of interest rates and interest in other trucks. The Colorado, Ranger, and Tacoma are refreshed. There are a ton of F-150s and Rams that will have to be marked down and/or incentivized with low rates between now and December. People see other options, especially at the $35k+ Maverick Lariat level. Ford recently glutted the market with cyber orange and avalanche Tremors by finishing out those colors. Ford Video guy confirmed that Ford did finish out those colors at the same time.

Sponsored

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm in the other CA as in California. My very small local dealer shows 8 Mavs in stock [A couple of days ago it was 10] including several hybrids and one XL that had been registered so technically was not new and had 12 miles on it when the Carfax was pulled. A few days ago the 2.0 EB's were priced +$7k over MSRP, today they are priced $5k over sticker. Window stickers show all were special order, not dealer inventory. My guess is that interest rates have affected some buyers. But it still is curious that a very small dealer can have so many Mavs on their lot. Encinitas Ford in 92024.
Yeah encinatas
Encinitas has one27 msrp for sale at 38k
Scumbags
I'm a ford stock holder. Pisses me off how dealers screw customers. Oh yeah, i'd like to go to a dealer pay cash for a maverick an d drive way. Not into taking it in the ass.

Last edited:

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah encinatas

Encinitas has one27 msrp for sale at 38k
Scumbags
I'm a ford stock holder. Pisses me off how dealers screw customers. Oh yeah, i'd like to go to a dealer pay cash for a maverick an d drive way. Not into taking it in the ass.
My question is how did my local very small dealer get so many Mavs, including hybrids, all with window stickers marked "special order" and mostly June 23 shipping dates, to sell? Meanwhile, my Sept 17, 22 order for a '23 rolled over to a '24. I am enjoying the '22 I purchased off a lot 90 miles away for $1800 over MSRP which in SoCal was a decent deal.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question is how did my local very small dealer get so many Mavs, including hybrids, all with window stickers marked "special order" and mostly June 23 shipping dates, to sell? Meanwhile, my Sept 17, 22 order for a '23 rolled over to a '24. I am enjoying the '22 I purchased off a lot 90 miles away for $1800 over MSRP which in SoCal was a decent deal.
Could these be examples of why Ford cracked down on US dealers to do the customer verification process (COPD) as they figured out some dealers were putting in fake customer orders to pad their inventory?

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could these be examples of why Ford cracked down on US dealers to do the customer verification process (COPD) as they figured out some dealers were putting in fake customer orders to pad their inventory?
Could be. As I wrote, this is a very small Ford dealer in a small community, so an iventory of 11 hybrids out of 13 Mavs is really hard to explain otherwise. I did a random check of a few window stickers and all said "special order" at the bottom. Could be cancellations but then again...