Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Maverick economy & emissions comparison For Maverick Comparison 1

Ford Maverick Maverick economy & emissions comparison Comparison 2

The final Grams per Mile of CO2 for the EV's did not populate because they are generated by State, depending on your local power source(s). The national average for the Lightning would be 200 grams per mile and the Model Y, 110 grams per mile. The average new vehicle sold in America is 410 g/mi.

Apologies for not having a true EV comparison, but to be honest, I am shopping for a vehicle that does "truck like stuff" and the Model Y tows 3,500 lbs and has a bigger cabin than it's small exterior dimensions suggest. In a pinch, it will hold 7.

We charge for free at home, so correcting for that, the Model Y saves $6,000 relative to the Maverick. I ordered a loaded up Lariat with everything, so the Model Y after all is said and done would work out to be almost the same price as the Maverick after 5 years.

The Maverick is finally built. If the dealer is reasonable, I will enjoy it. If the dealer gets crazy, I may order a Tesla from his office.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lightning; with maybe exception of the Hummer, is least efficient EV out there.

Just too dang big and heavy to be practical.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maverick Hybrid posted contains errors.
It's more like 38 HWY and 45 City.

OP
OP
Proflig8tor

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick Hybrid posted contains errors.
It's more like 38 HWY and 45 City.
I don’t disagree.

This is the official EPA #. Best actual data from a source available to all of us.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Proflig8tor

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious about this. I'm guessing there's a renewable installation of some sort?
Sorta - our power comes from 100% renewable sources. We pay a small extra fee (kind of like a corkage fee to a restaurant for serving you your own bottle of wine) to obtain the equivalent KWH we use and buy power from a renewable source that supplies the grid everyone uses.

Most power companies have "nite flex" or something similar that encourages EV owners to charge between midnight and 6am when utility demand is so low that online plants are making energy nobody is using. We reprogrammed the dryer, and dehumidifier and run the AC colder at night. Our overall bills are about 30% lower than before we got the EV.

We just ran a 220-50A via copper 6-3 to a 14-50 plug (limited to 32A draw by Tesla). Easily charges a Tesla at night. The set up would struggle with a Lightning, Rivian or one of these beasts with a 130+ KWH battery. Our Tesla is something like 55 KWH, so it is a lot smaller.

So all in - cheaper than free.

https://www.cobbemc.com/niteflex#:~:text=Charge your EV and smart,free energy use each month.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Definitely a perk of your area.
The perk in SF Bay Area is tons of free charging in public places.

CA is also top heavy on Solar.
They actually prefer you to charge in the day, but not in the 5pm to 9pm time, when temperatures are hot, but the sun is low and setting.
Sponsored