Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I noticed the ticking sound, i think that is the sound of the direct injection. I have a bmw that makes the same sound.
Yes. That’s the injectors. Its crazy how quiet new cars are at idle.
My co worker has a 1.5 ecoboost and all you hear is valves and injectors unless your behind it.

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wheres the engine cover! Doesn't Ford put them on the cars anymore.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Wheres the engine cover! Doesn't Ford put them on the cars anymore.
I would guess yes for full production.
this is the bronco sport2.0
Ford Maverick Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Engine Sound Clip 144C47F4-67D0-4C8C-83DE-4CF6DAA4CD63
Same for the escape
Ford Maverick Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Engine Sound Clip A2E584FD-35ED-49AE-8067-DC5BA57A842B

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I would guess yes for full production.
this is the bronco sport2.0
I'm not betting Ford would include such, even on Lariat + Lux 2.0 EB. Gotta meet their price point. Lol.

I like the engine cover, and I may just grab one from another model that has one if final production does not include. Sounds stupid, but does look a bit unfinished under there without it. I am such a particular and meticulous/ attention to detail person.

Reactions: bgn

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not betting Ford would include such, even on Lariat + Lux 2.0 EB. Gotta meet their price point. Lol.

I like the engine cover, and I may just grab one from another model that has one if final production does not include. Sounds stupid, but does look a bit unfinished under there without it. I am such a particular and meticulous/ attention to detail person.
Funny how we differ! I would like to NOT have one so I can have direct access to motor. I do a lot of my own maintenance and that means under the hood every 6months

ExcitedMavOwner

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus Hatchback
I got my truck Saturday and the 1st thing I noticed was that injector tap. It's loud in the cab and the only thing you hear. Only complaint so far though. Hopefully I can get used to it.

armerdcatfish

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my truck Saturday and the 1st thing I noticed was that injector tap. It's loud in the cab and the only thing you hear. Only complaint so far though. Hopefully I can get used to it.
Likewise. It's the worst when accelerating from a stop

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The one time I heard one run in person, it sounded like a typical modern small engine. Nothing to write home about, nothing obnoxious. I didn't hear any ticking sound like the mic picked up.

The ticking sound has been commented on elsewhere as an artifact of the recording process, the person taking the video also said they didn't hear it live.

AmadorCo.Mav

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT w/ FX4
It's actually the HPFP. Mine is obnoxious lol. Only thing I don't like about my maverick. Ordered engine cover from ford, hope it helps. Makes me think mines louder than it should be every time I start driving lol.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1157

It's actually the HPFP. Mine is obnoxious lol. Only thing I don't like about my maverick. Ordered engine cover from ford, hope it helps. Makes me think mines louder than it should be every time I start driving lol.
Can you share the part number of the cover you ordered?

dsk6320

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coming from 01 Mazda B3000 that doesn't have this ticking sound (test drove one at local dealer while waiting on mine to be built), I plan on ordering an engine cover to help lower this sound and was wondering if wrapping the HPFP with a sound deadening material would be an option to help?
Sponsored