Sponsored

"Machine-faced" wheels appearance?

OP
OP

TpaTruck

The only reason I ordered the BAP to be honest was the lights and badges. The other stuff I don't mind as it comes. But I don't like the chrome badges or headlights and taillights. I know it's easy to change, but I don't wanna fool it. Now, if it is gonna be next Thanksgiving before mine gets here, I will have to compromise and do some things to my current Mav.
Oh man, if you only want the badges and headlights blacked out, drop the BAP immediately! It was $100 to tint my tail lights and third brake light at a shop, and $30 for two vinyl bad stickers, plus the little one on the steering wheel, which were very easy to put on. So if that's really all you want, you'd save about 1500, minus doing your headlights.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TpaTruck

The only reason I ordered the BAP to be honest was the lights and badges. The other stuff I don't mind as it comes. But I don't like the chrome badges or headlights and taillights. I know it's easy to change, but I don't wanna fool it. Now, if it is gonna be next Thanksgiving before mine gets here, I will have to compromise and do some things to my current Mav.
Here's my badges and taillights (I could have put a sticker over the chrome surrounding the badge on the back too but I didn't want to):

Ford Maverick "Machine-faced" wheels appearance? Screenshot_20221121-182956__01__01

Ford Maverick "Machine-faced" wheels appearance? Screenshot_20221121-181938__01

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I don't want the lights exterior "tinted". I do tint for a living and could do that myself, but that's not all you get with the BAP. The inside housing is black and not chrome from my understanding. Changing heads and tails is easily over $1000 by themselves. I am not gonna separate the lights and DIY it. I know it can be done, but I am not taking the chance.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
your truck looks pretty good though! I like the color matched grille accent. so, did you order a '23 as well?

OP
OP

TpaTruck

No, I don't want the lights exterior "tinted". I do tint for a living and could do that myself, but that's not all you get with the BAP. The inside housing is black and not chrome from my understanding. Changing heads and tails is easily over $1000 by themselves. I am not gonna separate the lights and DIY it. I know it can be done, but I am not taking the chance.
I know the obvious difference between tinting and having a blacked out housing, but for the same looks, why spend more money?

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the BAP on my Mustang, and I originally ordered an Iconic Silver Maverick with BAP to match my Mustang. I have since changed the color to Cactus Gray. Gonna lower it and have some old skool hot rod freehand striping done on it and do a mini truck throwback theme.

OP
OP

TpaTruck

your truck looks pretty good though! I like the color matched grille accent. so, did you order a '23 as well?
Thanks! That was the first thing I did. Hated the silver accent bar. Took the Ford pass points and paid for almost all of the accent bar painting.

I ordered a '23 Atlas XLT, EB, FWD, CP360, moonroof, BAP. Mostly to cash in on the equity of my '22... But also because I'd rather have blue. I know it's a small downgrade from the lariat but the only thing I'm going to miss is the push button start. I'm a road truck guy, not an off-roader or tower... So mine is kind of simple. You?

OP
OP

TpaTruck

I have the BAP on my Mustang, and I originally ordered an Iconic Silver Maverick with BAP to match my Mustang. I have since changed the color to Cactus Gray. Gonna lower it and have some old skool hot rod freehand striping done on it and do a mini truck throwback theme.
Oh I see, you're one of those guys with multiple vehicles and want to make a lot of changes to it. I'm not that. This will be my only vehicle and don't want to do much to it. I enjoy the truck being cheap and don't care to put lots of money into it. I get it though, lots of guys on here like to make modifications.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh yeah, I like having multiple vehicles. My Mustang sits in the garage unless it's sunny, so the Maverick is for my daily/family use. My wife drives a lifted Bronco and my daughter drives a Mustang exactly like mine but hers is black. Nothing we own is stock and never will be. We are a "car" family through and through. I grew up in it, and kept it going I guess, lol. But I definitely am not an "off roader". I am more of a low and slow guy, even though I love my V8's and the power.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the face is silver, kind of kills the idea of a BAP. All pictures for this specific wheel look all black... But what you said is what I'm afraid of. If it has silver on it (machined alloy as you call it) it's going to look terrible..
Have you seriously never seen a machine faced rim before? Lol they machine (as in with a mill (cutting tool) down the surface of the rim. The name describes the look. Anyways. Glad you sorted out your dilema. Guess you’ll be wanting the fx4 package if you want black

OP
OP

TpaTruck

Have you seriously never seen a machine faced rim before? Lol they machine (as in with a mill (cutting tool) down the surface of the rim. The name describes the look. Anyways. Glad you sorted out your dilema. Guess you’ll be wanting the fx4 package if you want black
Yes I see them everyday, but I thought all of them were silver. I thought they painted a wheel first, then machined off that thin layer and didn't repaint it. That's the way it read when I Googled definitions for it. So yeah, just a novice when it comes to rims and that was confusing. Now I know machine face is type and not the color.

I don't need to get the FX4 package. According to every picture I've seen and 22mavxlt's help, the BAP rims will be all black.
Sponsored