Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone ever done the Devils Highway?

Looking to find out if one thinks a Maverick can handle it. Thinking about visiting friends in Yuma and figured the Devil's Highway would be an enjoyable trip while out that way.

I understand the rainy season is from August to October, and also understand one wants to be armed while on the trail.

I know about the permits needed from the Air Force base, BLM, Ect.

Just am not sure on the ground clearance requirements.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone ever done the Devils Highway?

Looking to find out if one thinks a Maverick can handle it. Thinking about visiting friends in Yuma and figured the Devil's Highway would be an enjoyable trip while out that way.

I understand the rainy season is from August to October, and also understand one wants to be armed while on the trail.

I know about the permits needed from the Air Force base, BLM, Ect.

Just am not sure on the ground clearance requirements.

Thanks for any help.
Not sure of all the other things you mentioned, but going by YouTube videos I’ve seen of it, it looks to be a pretty well maintained dirt road that you shouldn’t have any issues driving with the maverick, just make sure and bring plenty of extra water with you and check in with the park services to make sure at least someone knows you’re out there just in case

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It is cursed! Be warned!
Ford Maverick Looking for info El Camino Del Diablo
The Devil's Highway aZtxhUkwHaFj?w=237&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1

coyotewr.x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BajaMav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did it around November in my stock XL AWD no problem driving-wise. We did run into an illegal early in the morning after we had finished camping near the south mountain ranges by Telegraph Pass. That was fun. I did scrape admittedly a couple times but just a quick gravel brush in the woops.

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did it around November in my stock XL AWD no problem driving-wise. We did run into an illegal early in the morning after we had finished camping near the south mountain ranges by Telegraph Pass. That was fun. I did scrape admittedly a couple times but just a quick gravel brush in the woops.
Thanks. I have a friend in Yuma who told me she wasn't sure about how round the trail was driving wise, but told me to make sure if I do the trail that I have personal protection.
Sponsored