First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to know the thought process behind this. Given the screen is mounted, there isn't much opportunity for the screen to be damaged.
I usually put screen protectors on most of my touchscreen devices. I've also seen several reviews on the one I picked out saying that it cut glare down. (Though, I tend to take those reviews with a bit of salt. There are lots of people who claim that oxygen-free copper HDMI cables do anything better than bog-standard cables that meet HDMI specifications...)
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I usually put screen protectors on most of my touchscreen devices. I've also seen several reviews on the one I picked out saying that it cut glare down. (Though, I tend to take those reviews with a bit of salt. There are lots of people who claim that oxygen-free copper HDMI cables do anything better than bog-standard cables that meet HDMI specifications...)
I could see the glare thing. That one usually hits me when I back into my garage as my home faces north and so the sun is always in the wrong spot. Fortunately, the Escape screams when I get too close to a wall when I can't really see the video feed.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd love to know the thought process behind this. Given the screen is mounted, there isn't much opportunity for the screen to be damaged.
If you live outside of city limits in the desert dust and such is a constant problem. Enough times of touching a screen, wiping it off, etc. and you've basically scrubbed it with sandpaper.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you live outside of city limits in the desert dust and such is a constant problem. Enough times of touching a screen, wiping it off, etc. and you've basically scrubbed it with sandpaper.
Yeah, I live in a hot humid area. More likely to be smeared with or without the protector. But the glare control has intrigued me.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I live in a hot humid area. More likely to be smeared with or without the protector. But the glare control has intrigued me.
High desert here. We have trouble even getting a morning dew in summer to bale hay. We usually have zero rain from April or so until late October. I can wipe the radio and instrument cluster in my pickup, let it sit overnight, and in the morning it'll be completely coated again. If I have the fan turned to low for a couple days then turn it to high it puffs dirt out. Dust is a big killer here but I don't think I could stand living with high humidity.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
High desert here. We have trouble even getting a morning dew in summer to bale hay. We usually have zero rain from April or so until late October. I can wipe the radio and instrument cluster in my pickup, let it sit overnight, and in the morning it'll be completely coated again. If I have the fan turned to low for a couple days then turn it to high it puffs dirt out. Dust is a big killer here but I don't think I could stand living with high humidity.
You get used to it. Also air conditioning.

NeilsTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fit, 2005 F-350, 2018 CR-V, 1965 F-100, 1957
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my truck with lots of factory goodies. the things I added are the x4s rollup hard bed cover, the maverick letters for the tailgate the Dawn side mouldings and aluminum knob covers for the dashboard( they really dress up the interior)!
Sponsored