Ladies with Mavericks

poliscigrl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, awaiting 2022 Ford Maverick
I have been driving a "mom" vehicle for the past 20 years. I had a 2001 Ford Windstar (minivan) and then traded that for 2006 Honda Pilot. I love the space the Pilot has and I like the height of a crossover. I wanted a hybrid, but didn't want to be in a car and wanted something good for making runs to the hardware store and garden center. The Maverick is perfect - it breaks out of the "mom car" mold, is practical and fuel efficient. It was a no-brainer for me.
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I was so excited about the Maverick when I first heard about it. I have wanted a truck for awhile. I have hauled so many bags of soil and other things in my Subaru Forester I can't wait for the truck. I also truly dislike how tall the engines are on nearly all trucks I see nowadays. I've been hoping for a smaller truck for a long time. (Those stupid chicken laws should be abolished, which are the reason no small trucks are imported into the US). I nearly got a Ridgeline but they are pricey.

I ordered a loaded Lariat AWD as I'm in my 50s and wanted a little splurge. Only thing I'm not happy about is how yellow the cyber orange is. Ford really missed the boat there as it could have been an elegant coppery or bronzy orange vs. the garish color it appears to be. I'm actually quite bummed now about having ordered that color. Velocity blue would have been my second choice. At least I can find the truck easily at night, and it's visible to other drivers so maybe helps avoid an accident. Trying to look on the positive side. Still very psyched about the truck, and the interior is cool and interesting. I like the two-tone and have wanted a carmel brown interior pretty much my whole life. Truly don't like black interiors. Am very excited that other women like the Maverick. too.
Don't you still have plenty of time to change the color??

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I had a Ruby Red F150 several years ago. She was a dream. But she was a lease and out of my price range to buy and not realistic for the distance I began driving (70 miles per day). I never lost that want for a truck though! Here came the Maverick! Lariat ×/lux pkg in Alto Blue and I can't wait to get her!! (Yep, even lower ladies love our trucks!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I had a Ruby Red F150 several years ago. She was a dream. But she was a lease and out of my price range to buy and not realistic for the distance I began driving (70 miles per day). I never lost that want for a truck though! Here came the Maverick! Lariat ×/lux pkg in Alto Blue and I can't wait to get her!! (Yep, even lower ladies love our trucks!
And I am NOT a lower lady! I AM an older lady! Lmao

Blueyedsweetie

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caliber
Younger lady here! This'll be the first vehicle I purchase myself. I'm currently in a Chevy Cruze that's been having transmission issues since getting acquainted with a deer last year. I'll be happy to be rid of it.

I come from a GM family, and I didn't think a truck would be in reach for me at all, actually, both from a gas mileage and a price perspective, but it fits my lifestyle so much better than an SUV. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer (it's right around the same price point as the Mav), but then my boyfriend told me a few weeks ago, "Hey, have you heard about the new Ford Maverick?" 🤣

The rest, as they say, is history.
I'm much like you in that a truck fits my lifestyle better but didn't think I would ever be able to afford one. And this is also my first vehicle purchase all by myself. Look at us go. Lol. I ordered mine on Friday September 10th. It's nerve wracking but also exciting to order exactly what I want.