Ladies with Mavericks

Sapphirelily2001

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F 150 1999, Chevy Malibu 2009
Hi, y'all! I've never been much of a person to drool over cars or trucks ( except the old classics)and my dad has always been a Ford man. He's been shocked to find he liked my 2004 Chevy Silverado, which has been a dependable ride since I got her. But she has well over 280,000 miles on her. When I started looking for a new vehicle, (l wasn't sure of what I wanted at all) I just wanted something to last and with good gas mileage and could haul the grandchildren. Then, I saw an ad for the Maverick. As I read up on it(every article I could find) I realized I had found something on 4 wheels that blew my skirt up!(as my husband says.) I picked what I wanted (an XL with moon roof and Velocity Blue with a couple of other small features) and placed my order. As this is the first time i have ever had a new car, my excitement is over the top!! I'm tickled to be in the Maverick Club! Now, if they would just get it built, my Chevy can have a break!
Sponsored

CoachJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 RSX, 1996 Chevy S10 SS
I know there are a few of us out there. What's your story? I inherited a 1978 F-150 that my Dad bought new. It has 65,000 miles and is stock. I call it my Time Machine. My husband loves it. Not enough tech/safety features for me. (it's NOT FOR SALE). I decided to order the Maverick because it's a good size, nice amount of tech, good intro to the world of hybrids and I got to customize it for under $30,000.

image.jpg
That's one beautiful truck, what a treasure! I would love the Maverick in a 2 door. The Maverick will replace my Chevy S-10 ss. I don't need a monster size truck - just need a truck bed to grab supplies for our yard etc. it's just easier to put that kind of stuff in the back of a truck.

OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
That's one beautiful truck, what a treasure! I would love the Maverick in a 2 door. The Maverick will replace my Chevy S-10 ss. I don't need a monster size truck - just need a truck bed to grab supplies for our yard etc. it's just easier to put that kind of stuff in the back of a truck.
Thanks. Are you getting a hybrid?

PIJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
I have an order in for a Lariat AWD. A few years ago purchased a summer house on an island off the coast of Maine and need something to haul yard waste, gardening supplies, etc. Live in the city when not in Maine so didnt want anything too big. Also/still debating a used Pickman and just a smaller city car. Considering I only ordered the Maverick a week ago I think i have plenty of time to decide :)

Sponsored

PIJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
I know there are a few of us out there. What's your story? I inherited a 1978 F-150 that my Dad bought new. It has 65,000 miles and is stock. I call it my Time Machine. My husband loves it. Not enough tech/safety features for me. (it's NOT FOR SALE). I decided to order the Maverick because it's a good size, nice amount of tech, good intro to the world of hybrids and I got to customize it for under $30,000.

image.jpg
What a stunning square body!! Kudos to your family for preserving this!

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was so excited about the Maverick when I first heard about it. I have wanted a truck for awhile. I have hauled so many bags of soil and other things in my Subaru Forester I can't wait for the truck. I also truly dislike how tall the engines are on nearly all trucks I see nowadays. I've been hoping for a smaller truck for a long time. (Those stupid chicken laws should be abolished, which are the reason no small trucks are imported into the US). I nearly got a Ridgeline but they are pricey.

I ordered a loaded Lariat AWD as I'm in my 50s and wanted a little splurge. Only thing I'm not happy about is how yellow the cyber orange is. Ford really missed the boat there as it could have been an elegant coppery or bronzy orange vs. the garish color it appears to be. I'm actually quite bummed now about having ordered that color. Velocity blue would have been my second choice. At least I can find the truck easily at night, and it's visible to other drivers so maybe helps avoid an accident. Trying to look on the positive side. Still very psyched about the truck, and the interior is cool and interesting. I like the two-tone and have wanted a carmel brown interior pretty much my whole life. Truly don't like black interiors. Am very excited that other women like the Maverick. too.

valeriews

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I was so excited about the Maverick when I first heard about it. I have wanted a truck for awhile. I have hauled so many bags of soil and other things in my Subaru Forester I can't wait for the truck. I also truly dislike how tall the engines are on nearly all trucks I see nowadays. I've been hoping for a smaller truck for a long time. (Those stupid chicken laws should be abolished, which are the reason no small trucks are imported into the US). I nearly got a Ridgeline but they are pricey.

I ordered a loaded Lariat AWD as I'm in my 50s and wanted a little splurge. Only thing I'm not happy about is how yellow the cyber orange is. Ford really missed the boat there as it could have been an elegant coppery or bronzy orange vs. the garish color it appears to be. I'm actually quite bummed now about having ordered that color. Velocity blue would have been my second choice. At least I can find the truck easily at night, and it's visible to other drivers so maybe helps avoid an accident. Trying to look on the positive side. Still very psyched about the truck, and the interior is cool and interesting. I like the two-tone and have wanted a carmel brown interior pretty much my whole life. Truly don't like black interiors. Am very excited that other women like the Maverick. too.
Have you seen it in person? It doesn'

I considered that color until I saw itp in person. I wanted it to look more yellow (like Ford pics), but this definitely has a good/ orange tint. My salesperson described it as cat pee, and that is pretty close. I know that description doesn't sound nice, but it is definitely more gold than yellow. Hang tight, and call your dealer to see when one of the models is coming in for training. Hopefully, it is this color so you can go see it. If you want more of a gold hue, you may like it. If not, changing colors hopefully won't add more time to your build. If you hate the color, it is worth the extra time. I ended up with Velocity Blue. BTW, didn't the Bronco come in this color? Maybe they have one of those you can see? Good luck :)

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you seen it in person? It doesn'

I considered that color until I saw itp in person. I wanted it to look more yellow (like Ford pics), but this definitely has a good/ orange tint. My salesperson described it as cat pee, and that is pretty close. I know that description doesn't sound nice, but it is definitely more gold than yellow. Hang tight, and call your dealer to see when one of the models is coming in for training. Hopefully, it is this color so you can go see it. If you want more of a gold hue, you may like it. If not, changing colors hopefully won't add more time to your build. If you hate the color, it is worth the extra time. I ended up with Velocity Blue. BTW, didn't the Bronco come in this color? Maybe they have one of those you can see? Good luck :)
Have not seen it in person, alas. Thank you for the info. I am now more hopeful. I have had a VIN for at least a month, which I had to ask the dealer for as I never got an email from Ford after the order received email. June 9 I sent in my order. So I still don't have a build date.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

image.jpg
70’s colors make me so happy…

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Ladies with Mavericks 5mohsq

TruckGal

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge and now the Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 71 years old and can't wait for my First Edition Rapid Red Maverick. The pricing, size and features check all the boxes for me. I have never ordered a vehicle before. We made an exception this time because we already know Ford makes great trucks and can do hybrids. We had an F150 that we loved. Yes, woman love trucks.