First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another South Carolinian here ( Columbia ) who just joined. Planning on ordering an XL hybrid in September. Being a USC fan I can't deal with all the Clemson orange in the XLT.
I am in Columbia too if you see a cactus grey fx4 xlt riding around
Sponsored

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Harbison which was once a turpentine forest and there are huge trees everywhere on my street. The bed of my old S-10 would get totally filled with leaves and pine needles. As a result I'll need to get some type of hard cover for the Maverick's bed. Does it make sense to order a spray on bed liner if the bed is covered most of the time?

OP
OP

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed Ford’s modular drop in bed liner cause I like to protect the bed when hauling stuff. Had a spray on bed liner on one of my Tacos, but didn’t like the looks.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed Ford’s modular drop in bed liner cause I like to protect the bed when hauling stuff. Had a spray on bed liner on one of my Tacos, but didn’t like the looks.
I like the idea of a drop in liner but I read somewhere that water can collect underneath and rust the bed?

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my LX hybrid from Jim Hudson in Lexington the day before the order banks closed in September. All I have is a bill of sale showing the price and my $500 deposit for the truck. Maverick is not even listed on the BOS. I''ve heard nothing else from them or Ford and don't even have an order number. I guess I should be more trusting but I've read lots of horror stories about how dealers screw folks over. Should I be concerned?

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I might be looking for some kind of confirmation from Ford. I too, ordered on Sep 20 around 6PM and received a confirmation email from Ford within an hour. I also received one of those "every 45 day" emails last week. Make sure your in the system, Jim Hudson is reputable but mistakes happen. Check with your salesman.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might be looking for some kind of confirmation from Ford. I too, ordered on Sep 20 around 6PM and received a confirmation email from Ford within an hour. I also received one of those "every 45 day" emails last week. Make sure your in the system, Jim Hudson is reputable but mistakes happen. Check with your salesman.
Thanks very much for the information. I'll be contacting my dealer for an explanation as to why I haven't received confirmation of my order.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never got ford confirmation email, for Hudson order, Sept 16. Called ford and verified order. Asked sales manager to add my email to WDBO. Response " We can not add you to the WBDO because of internal policies." Chat with ford cs, they state dealer has to add they can't . Chat/call for status updates is only option.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never got ford confirmation email, for Hudson order, Sept 16. Called ford and verified order. Asked sales manager to add my email to WDBO. Response " We can not add you to the WBDO because of internal policies." Chat with ford cs, they state dealer has to add they can't . Chat/call for status updates is only option.
So I ordered and received my maverick from Jim Hudson in Lexington.

On my ‘22 order I never got an email from ford. Only option was to chat or call ford.

On my ‘23 order from them I got the email. Mostly because I caused a stink. Still waiting to see if this one will get a build date.

The gentleman that inputs the orders says he doesn’t put the email because some times they have to do repairs after things are delivered. Total crap. I very strongly made my point and he put it in. Basically letting him know that I will track it anyway and he can place nice or not. Same guy that on my ‘22 order said he “could but not that he would put my email in”

I (after I ordered unfortunately) learned that Jim Hudson Ford in Lexington SC has been fined and lost allocations over the last few years because of markups and other similar less than honorable dealer practices. I specifically heard of a bronco that was ordered and the guy waited for it over a year. They were trying to get him to pay 10k more than the price agreed when he ordered.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Another thing I've heard (it's here somewhere, maybe under SE forums) is that Hudson may try to install dealer packs before you take delivery. This maybe why they don't want people tracking their inbound vehicles. Need to be clear that you don't want these dealer installed items if that is the case.

Sponsored

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with the sales manager ( Tony ) at Jim Hudson in Lexington last week. He assured me that my order had been placed in time and gave me the order number but I don't think there's any way to track it.

I'm concerned that my salesman ( William ) no longer works there. I hope these transactions go well with no funny stuff. If there is we need to keep in touch here. I think I will put in writing to the sales manager that I do not want any dealer installed extra items. FWIW there's a law firm in my family.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It seems they have usually backed off on the extra charges if the customer is firm about it. Good luck!

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the idea of a drop in liner but I read somewhere that water can collect underneath and rust the bed?
Had drop in on my Tundra, 12 years and no rust. Removed it and cleaned drains as needed. Key is it most be secured to bed so there is no rubbing.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another thing I've heard (it's here somewhere, maybe under SE forums) is that Hudson may try to install dealer packs before you take delivery. This maybe why they don't want people tracking their inbound vehicles. Need to be clear that you don't want these dealer installed items if that is the case.
They did try that on me about the first place finish but they ended up giving it to me for free because they had already done it.
Sponsored