Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Blackout
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Before I purchased my 2024 Lariat Hybrid with BOP, I read about the poor quality interior. I've had my Mav for 13 weeks and trying not to mess up the interior. Well I have started to notice the the previous complaints are justified. It doesn't take much to scuff or scratch the cheap plastic. I have owned since 2012 a 2012, 2015, 2018 and 2019 F-150 XLTs and never had a problem like I'm experiencing with the Mav. Ford should listen to their customers. Sooner or later the Mav will have competition which could replace the Mav I really enjoy, especially 46MPG around town.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORD listen to their customers...

First time? The first time is always special.

In contrast, I've owned a year and am the second owner with no issues on the interior. It scratches easy, but it's not piano gloss black so there's that. When the dark blue scratches it turns light blue. It's like putting hydrogen peroxide on a cut... it's going to scar. 303 is your friend and I've found it easy enough to hide the smaller stuff and keep the interior looking new.

My interiors have always been spotless though, so it's really not an issue for me. I agree to an extent about the complaints and I know that a lighter, more earthy tone, would have been a better choice. But it really comes down to the person using it.

OP
OP
Jetlat7878$

Jetlat7878$

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Blackout
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm the mirror image for one that cares about their truck and I go the extra mile trying my best to not scratch or make smudges even on the door seals as you exit the truck. I've alway taken time to keep my trucks looking new. Given that the Mav is not a F-150, I try even more to not mess up the interior. However, the interior is inferior!! I don't think one should treat their truck like a baby but I do and it still does not meet expectations.

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree about the cheap, easily scratched plastic. I have a 2017 Kia Soul and the plastic they used on this similarly inexpensive vehicle does not show scratches as much. So it is possible for Ford to provide a better budget friendly interior. Are you listening FORD!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In my 2015 Prius that I owned, Toyota used this fabric around the doors and center arm rest that attracted dirt and wore down easily. I purchased some synthetic leather and proceded to re-do all the doors and the arm rest area. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK!

With that said, I've been thinking of ways to toughen up the interior. Possibly by coating areas that get scraped the most with some type of clear acrylic or do some type of vinyl wrap.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed a few nicks on the plastic driver's side door where the seat belt buckle must have whacked the plastic.

I tried some McGuiers Ultimate Interior detailer and it darkened the scratch area and made the scratches much less noticeable. The stuff gives no where near the shine of Armor-All and now all my dark blue panels look better because now I had to do them all to match. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dad

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is using recycled plastic for the interior. In the big picture, that is a good thing. I'd rather it be in my Mav than in a floating plastic debris field in the ocean.

My other experience with recycled plastic was in my wife's 2011 Prius that used recycled plastic and like the Mav's, scratched very easily. The recycled plastic seems softer than "normal" plastic.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried some McGuiers Ultimate Interior detailer and it darkened the scratch area and made the scratches much less noticeable. The stuff gives no where near the shine of Armor-All and now all my dark blue panels look better because now I had to do them all to match. :ROFLMAO:
Is that the stuff that a lot of people are complaining about due to the awful smell it leaves in the car? It may be the stuff that some are complaining that it smells like "puke"....no kidding...and the company responded and said there were issues with some of the product released. I had some (I have a lot of different car products) and I didn't recall it being too smelly but when I recently went to a Walmart and got a wiff of it from a new bottle I understood what the consumers were complaining about. Some say once they used it they could not get rid of the odor no matter what they tried to cover it up with. So it you want to use it...first see what it smells like just in case.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If ford did everything that people complained about the truck would be over $40,000. Its like that got the XL and XLT and complained about the radio and other Items. I wanted a cheap truck with some luxury Item and got it fully loaded for under $35,000. You get what you pay for.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that the stuff that a lot of people are complaining about due to the awful smell it leaves in the car? It may be the stuff that some are complaining that it smells like "puke"....no kidding...and the company responded and said there were issues with some of the product released. I had some (I have a lot of different car products) and I didn't recall it being too smelly but when I recently went to a Walmart and got a wiff of it from a new bottle I understood what the consumers were complaining about. Some say once they used it they could not get rid of the odor no matter what they tried to cover it up with. So it you want to use it...first see what it smells like just in case.
That and you need to be careful what you are putting on these plastics. There really is no need for any cleaners with a bunch of chemicals in them. Warm water on microfiber towel and some water based 303 goes a long way to protect the interior. Keep in mind that glossy cleaners leave residues that collect dirt easier too. So for me, it's always just been water, 303 and a soft bristle brush to get the crevices a couple times a year. Same thing I do for my floor mats. I don't bother with them all winter aside from taking them out and scrubbing them at the car wash a couple times or even just hosing them off, but the after winter cleaning I give my truck you'd never know they were Montana floor mats. They look brand new. I'd say 90% of winter cleaning is just dusting and vacuuming for me. But in the summer the truck looks brand new. If I hit a trail to my fishing spots, I usually wash afterwards on the way home or within the next couple days. Windows stay up.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yin and Yang. Ford needed to meet a price point on the Maverick and probably thought they'd catch a few environmentalists by using recycled plastic. Yes, it does scratch easily and for those of us who are meticulous about the interior, it is a concern. I know they make a thin clear plastic sheeting for the exterior to protect the paint. I wonder if there might be a product that could be applied to certain parts of the interior. Other than that, the advice of using 303 and a micro towel is probably your best option.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a smell, but a cleanish type smell, not perfumes or puke certainly. It went away after a day or two and I did not find in obnoxious at all and neither did my wife who is very sensitive to odors given her asthma. I have used this product for years personally liking it much than armor all which I find over the top in the shine dept.

BUT, everyone perceives things differently so yeah, use with caution I would say. Just because I have zero issue with it does not mean you will.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad