First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both would be better than the current boondoggle of green energy.
Fusion or fission.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both would be better than the current boondoggle of green energy.
Fusion or fission.
Agreed, and the potential of the fusion process is staggering. Completely safe (no radioactive waste), endless supply of fuel, no harmful emissions, and really can't be weaponized, like a military nuc.

This is a good introduction to the subject, that doesn't go too deep into the technical aspects that are WAY over my head! Thank God there are incredibly smart people working on this, and others willing to talk about it.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed, and the potential of the fusion process is staggering. Completely safe (no radioactive waste), endless supply of fuel, no harmful emissions, and really can't be weaponized, like a military nuc.

This is a good introduction to the subject, that doesn't go too deep into the technical aspects that are WAY over my head! Thank God there are incredibly smart people working on this, and others willing to talk about it.
lol I get way more info than I need o. That.
My brother is a nuclear engineer out of the navy. No longer works at a reactor but stays up on it. That stuff is way above my head. But it’s very insightful when bad things do happen. He has a very good grasp on how bad it truly is or how overblown it is.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
Could you post where that came from? I will admit I’m wrong but seemed California would not have even a brown out of it wasn’t based on renewable.
I’m not saying it’s the worst but why? We have nuclear that is clean and makes more power than we can use.
https://www.bloomenergy.com/bloom-energy-outage-map/
That article you posted seems to be saying that the blackouts are due to power being shut down to avoid the transmission lines from starting fires and I don't see the connection to renewables there. Also it looks like NG is still their biggest energy source.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...hanging-but-natural-gas-still-the-no-1-source
I don't claim to be an expert, but I feel like the more residential solar, the less likely a blackout or a brownout like that would be. The massive increase in demand in California during those periods is due to really hot sunny days and air conditioning consumption. Those are the days where solar has the most output. So imagine if every house was generating a good chunk of its own electricity demand during the day when AC consumption is highest. That would put a lot less stress on the grid and those transmission lines would likely not need to be turned off to prevent fires. It seems more of a resilience system and would seem to appeal to people who are being on too much centralized power...

Last edited:

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Btw Jordan is absolutely brilliant.
THE most significant scholar of our time. I wish more people would listen to him, the world would be a better place.

He was in Columbus (OH) earlier in the month for his "We Who Wrestle With God" tour, so wifey & I went to see him. Not only a brilliant mind, but a master story teller. It was fantastic, highly recommend if he is in your area.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
THE most significant scholar of our time. I wish more people would listen to him, the world would be a better place.

He was in Columbus (OH) earlier in the month for his "We Who Wrestle With God" tour, so wifey & I went to see him. Not only a brilliant mind, but a master story teller. It was fantastic, highly recommend if he is in your area.
I like some of his stuff but, admittedly haven't watched it all, he seems a bit black and white with some things like any alcohol consumption is no good. Which sounds like what some alcoholics say. Personally, I found Christopher Hitchens a bit more entertaining
Jordan's a bit too much into the whole religion thing for me. I know that could be useful for those who need it. He seems to have a bit of a blind spot for the Catholic church....

Last edited:

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.bloomenergy.com/bloom-energy-outage-map/
That article you posted seems to be saying that the blackouts are due to power being shut down to avoid the transmission lines from starting fires and I don't see the connection to renewables there. Also it looks like NG is still their biggest energy source.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...hanging-but-natural-gas-still-the-no-1-source
I don't claim to be an expert, but I feel like the more residential solar, the less likely a blackout or a brownout like that would be. The massive increase in demand in California during those periods is due to really hot sunny days and air conditioning consumption. Those are the days where solar has the most output. So imagine if every house was generating a good chunk of its own electricity demand during the day when AC consumption is highest. That would put a lot less stress on the grid and those transmission lines would likely not need to be turned off to prevent fires. It seems more of a resilience system and would seem to appeal to people who are being on too much centralized power...
In my response that was not directed at renewables. It was about his false claim of only a small 4 hour brown out. Not Mayer the cause his statement was not true. That’s all I was getting at.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like some of his stuff but, admittedly haven't watched it all, he seems a bit black and white with some things like any alcohol consumption is no good. Which sounds like what some alcoholics say. Personally, I found Christopher Hitchens a bit more entertaining
Jordan's a bit too much into the whole religion thing for me. I know that could be useful for those who need it. He seems to have a bit of a blind spot for the Catholic church....
You need to watch/listen more, a LOT more. You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but in this case, you are very misaligned with what JBP is & does. I hope, if you're TRULY interested, you'll approach ALL of his work a bit less jaundiced. He is NOT casual background listening. If you're not totally dialed in & focused on his words, most will blow right over the top.

BTW, his wife just recently became a member of the Catholic Church.

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That same fuel is also the main reason civilization has exploded and we live lives we never could without it.
Vastly more people are around than before fossil fuels.
So wait your resources are take and Harvard. Ya I’ll believe those in a hurry. Since they can’t seem to go 5 min without someone in the administration getting caught for you known “cheating”
Simply no way to argue that fossil fuels are a net good. Do they pollute sure but as we find better ways to do it it comes along. It’s the best we have now.
Dude, your argument against renewables is a comment that "some" people died because they had rolling black (or brown) outs in CA.

Meanwhile, there is actual research done by actual scientists that SHOWS that thousands of people die due to pollution every year. But you come back with "but but but your source, some administrators in that school ..."

Unless you can prove that the research is incorrect, I am going to go with what they said. You are letting your personal beliefs influence your critical thinking skills.

If you continue to do that, you will fail to prepare your family and yourself for an unpredictable future.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
That same fuel is also the main reason civilization has exploded and we live lives we never could without it.
Vastly more people are around than before fossil fuels.
So wait your resources are take and Harvard. Ya I’ll believe those in a hurry. Since they can’t seem to go 5 min without someone in the administration getting caught for you known “cheating”
Simply no way to argue that fossil fuels are a net good. Do they pollute sure but as we find better ways to do it it comes along. It’s the best we have now.
Yes , fossil fuels are what allowed civilization to explode. Definitely a plus for us to an extent not necessarily the planet though. I think the main point is while acknowledging fossil fuels contributions we can also acknowledge their issues and try to figure out something that retains their advantages while eliminating, or minimizing, their negatives.
Sponsored