Sponsored

I might be the 1st in WA to not buy my delivery next month for the 2022 Maverick Hybrid....

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
So, I couldn't wait, and I bought a used Tesla, and now my truck has been built. Ford says estimated delivery is next month. I wish I could share my reservation to the person waiting the longest...or sell it for $1000. My plan is to go in and pretend to take delivery then shake the dealer's hand and say, "Congrats, you just got your first hybrid on the showroom".
Sponsored

highgate

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I take it you ordered an XL trim? Any other info about your order?

OP
OP
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Has bed liner and co-pilot 360...so power mirrors.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Um, why not make a few grand?

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
If you don't take it, the dealer is going to mark it up $10 K and someone WILL buy it

Sponsored

Baby truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is almost my exact build. With the most important stuff 360 and bedliner. I'm in Eastern Wa and put my order in Oct. And most likely will be turned to my23. Total wait will be most likely more than a year if that happens. I would be interested in your order.

OP
OP
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
This is almost my exact build. With the most important stuff 360 and bedliner. I'm in Eastern Wa and put my order in Oct. And most likely will be turned to my23. Total wait will be most likely more than a year if that happens. I would be interested in your order.
Let me see what one interested party finds out from Ford. Local might be best option if it's a big "?"

Sponsored

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
buy it and drive down the road to carmax or any other used dealer and make an easy 10 large.
Ford Maverick I might be the 1st in WA to not buy my delivery next month for the 2022 Maverick Hybrid.... Capture.PNG

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I for sure don't want to make more than $1000. I want to help someone.
Taxes and registration is going to cost $2500 or so. Add $1000. So, sell it for $25k and both you and someone here could be really happy!

OP
OP
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
The OTD price I received was: $25,800...so if I were to buy it and then resell it for $26,800...I could, but I rather pass the savings onto someone else.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The OTD price I received was: $25,800...so if I were to buy it and then resell it for $26,800...I could, but I rather pass the savings onto someone else.
Think of it this way - you're going to get something out of your time spent (your time IS valuable), and someone else is going to get a truck at a still-good price - a truck they otherwise won't be able to buy, or will be marked up another $5K (conservatively...) over what you'd sell it to them for. You're not being a bad person here taking $1K for your time/trouble, and the dealer is going to do much, much worse (i.e. mark it up much, much more).

OP
OP
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Think of it this way - you're going to get something out of your time spent (your time IS valuable), and someone else is going to get a truck at a still-good price - a truck they otherwise won't be able to buy, or will be marked up another $5K (conservatively...) over what you'd sell it to them for. You're not being a bad person here taking $1K for your time/trouble, and the dealer is going to do much, much worse (i.e. mark it up much, much more).
Looks like interested buyer called Ford, they said it should be fine, and if not, I buy it, then go to DOL, and sign it over as a gift...so, yes, this is worth $1000 for me, and a faster vehicle for someone else. Thanks everyone, I am excited to see this truck in person.
Sponsored