Sponsored

I got mine!

tfarny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, VW Golf
Took delivery of my truck today - XLT Ecoboost AWD with 4k, sliding window and inverter, nothing else, in Carbonized Gray.

Very pleased with it in today's driving around, lots to praise and only small complaints. I am extremely happy with how it handles and drives, which is paramount. I was nervous about buying a vehicle I had never even test driven!

Pros:
Snappy acceleration, great turning and stopping for a truck. On par with the small SUVs I have driven, but quicker than most of htem.
Stereo was better than I had been led to believe. It's nothing fancy but not worse than what I have in my current vehicles. I will probably replace the door speakers at some point but not for a while.
Controls are logically placed and easy to use, everything falls right to hand. There is no using a mouse type trackpad or haptic touch buttons at all.
The back seat is roomier and much more comfortable than I expected given the overall size.
I live in pothole land AKA New York State. It handles road imperfections SO much better than the cars I have been driving.

Cons (they are minor):
I don't love the seats, they are ok but could be more supportive.
The driving modes and auto stop-start have to be reset every time you drive it, which is dumb.
The back seat doesn't seem to want to click into place, it will do it but takes several tries. It's fine, but it's no Lexus in the execution of details.
Rain water on the roof seems to flow into the cabin through the sliding glass rear window, something to watch out for if you use that window much (if you get one). I imagine there could have been some clever engineering to direct the flow of roof water away from there.
Like I said, minor stuff!

I ordered October 30 from Park Ford of Mahopac, New York and worked with Joe Preziosi. I paid sticker and got the 0%/36 financing locked in at time of order. Joe was great, the dealership was great, there was no horseplay whatsoever. Very pleased with that, especially considering the stories on here. I would highly recommend the dealer and our salesman to anyone in Westchester county or nearby.

This was my first ever new vehicle and first ever truck and I am very pleased!
Sponsored

PlanoJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat with luxury package
Congrats on getting your truck! Just a heads up, the back seat is easier to put in to place from the passenger side. I believe the manual actually says only to do it from that side, It still takes some force though.