Sponsored

Hybrid OEM Tires and winter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Nebraska folks in here that used their OEM tires in through one of the winters? How did they perform? Mostly curious about FWD models
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any Nebraska folks in here that used their OEM tires in through one of the winters? How did they perform? Mostly curious about FWD models
Howdy and welcome to the forum.
Search OEM tires and you will get lots of threads on those babies (hot topic). Including some of my own comments......They are known to be inferior, but I just saw a post where someone got 95K out of a set. So there are tons of folks that like them and others (like me) that replace them immediately.
Try this to start....
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...bad-tires-need-replacement-at-15k-miles.36959

ALSO: scroll down on the home page, there is a complete section devoted to tires and wheels 🤟

Ford Maverick Hybrid OEM Tires and winter 20230912_121311_resized

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What tires do you have?
In 2022 the Lariat got Michelins; my XL Hybrid got Continentals:
Continental ProContact TX - [Standard on XL & XLT]
Michelin Primacy All Season A/S - [Standard on Lariat]
Is that still true for 2024?

Both tires get only "Fair" ratings for Snow in TireRack customer reviews, which matched my brief test in a couple of inches of snow.
That was New Hampshire snow, however, and you asked specifically about Nebraska snow, which may be different. :)
I put my Continentals away in winter and run Blizzaks.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Primacy A/S used on the Lariat models actually gets a 7.6/Good rating on TireRack. At least it's a shade of green, the lightest green in their chart. Probably fine for light or occasional snow. Not great, but not bad for an all-season tire.....wish they'd start installing All-Weather tires, but they come with a higher cost.

If you get heavy snow, an All-Weather or dedicated Winter tire might be a better option, or installing snow-socks or some other traction aid device. We don't typically get much snow hear in southern NJ, so I'll probably just run the Michelins, had them on another FWD vehicle years ago and they did surprisingly well in ~4-6 inches of wet snow, and that vehicle didn't have a selectable slippery mode, or any sort of stability control. (Might have had traction control, and that was it).

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Primacy A/S used on the Lariat models actually gets a 7.6/Good rating on TireRack.
You've got a Lariat and I don't. Are you sure your Michelins are marked "Primacy A/S TOUR" or are they "Primacy A/S"?
Ford Maverick Hybrid OEM Tires and winter t1

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the obligatory T rating designate them as the Touring model, as is usually the case? - I'll check in the morning, but thought they were Touring.
Sponsored