First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, 306(ish) of us are interested enough in the new pickup to join this site for info.

So, the question is: how much actual interest do y'all think there will be in the Maverick?

To go with it (I'm not a marketer, I promise), what has drawn us to the idea of the Maverick?

Me? I currently own a Honda Insight. I prefer smaller vehicles, but my boys are nearing their teenage years, so I want to take a step up in size. I've been researching the market in preparation for buying early next year. I was not happy with the current trucks on the market, and unhappy with the size of current "small" truck brands. I had kinda settled into a two-car race between the Rav4 and Outback, then I stumbled across the Maverick news threads. So, as of now, I'm waiting with baited breath to find-out about the actual dimensions of the Maverick.

I'd rather have a short pickup bed, than a carpeted SUV cargo hold, but if I can't get (at least) a few more inches 2nd row legroom than my Insight (33"), I'll be looking elsewhere.
Sponsored

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ranger sales were around 100,000 units in 2020. "If" it went on sale in August...I will say 40000 through year end and 85000 in first 12 months.

I would guess sales could climb in years 2 and 3 if Americans are convinced that a non "frame-on-rail" truck can still be a truck.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm at least one. :)

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
zeketolliver

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a little concerned this sucker will be in the Fix or Repair Daily FORD category, based on the cost cutting they'll have to do to get it down to the rumored price-point. Still, I'm super excited to see one of the Big 3 putting a compact pickup back on the market, particularly at the exact time I was preparing to buy. :)

I have to wonder what the actual reception will be like. Being a Ford product will probably help with truck enthusiasts. That said, it seems like a lot of buzz for an unannounced vehicle.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I once owned a FIAT. You know the acronym.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc