Sponsored

How does your Maverick steering feedback feel to you?

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

From the manual, looks like sport mode may improve response,,, I will have to give it a try and see.

Ford Maverick How does your Maverick steering feedback feel to you? 20211028_211110
Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know exactly what you are describing. I doubt you'll ever get that from the Maverick. It's not designed to give you that feel.

The entire suspension, chassis and steering would have to be redesigned to do that.

This article explains why the ST has that steering feel, for those that want to know.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-ford-focus-st-suspension-walkaround.html

I'll have to accept the Mav for what it is. Which is a small versatile pickup truck at a good price.

Hopefully one of these days I'll get another vehicle like my former Alfa Romeo, that felt like it was an extension of my body.

Scott carbo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu outback and Buick lucerne
I haven't driven the Maverick yet. But I can tell you that my 2007 Buick Lucerne it feels like I'm driving a couch down the road. So unless the Maverick has a rudder, I think I'm ready for squishy steering...

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully one of these days I'll get another vehicle like my former Alfa Romeo, that felt like it was an extension of my body.
As someone who has owned numerous British sports cars, I know exactly what you mean. Nothing better than a tight and responsive manual-only steering.
Sponsored