Sponsored

How do you set up a brake buddy for your hybrid.

Ljjj66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the brake buddy classic B
Sponsored

phoneman01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford motorhome, 24 XLT Terrain Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been wondering this as well. Are the brakes still powered up when the truck is in neutral tow mode? If so, at what level would you set the pressure on the Brake Buddy?

P.S. I talked to the guy at Brake Buddy and he said to set the pressure at the lowest you can(5 to 10 lbs).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ljjj66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the brake buddy classic B
Great then we can use the one we have thks
also do you have a pic of the front of the truck set up/base plate? I’m going to make my own.

phoneman01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford motorhome, 24 XLT Terrain Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry....I have all my equipment: tow plate, wiring and diodes for tail lights, charge wiring and fuses, etc all laid out in my garage waiting for a truck to install them on. It was out of build and "shipped" on 3/9.
If you want to see some pics, check into BradnChristine. He will give great advice and has installed his own as well. He and realshelby will cause you to really think twice about Blue Ox or Roadmaster base plates.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a Brake Buddy....I had a Blue Ox Patriot braking system when flat towing my Cmax Hybrid. It had a remote panel to show when it applied...and allowed you to adjust settings from 1 to 9 for brake force. I could never tell ANY real difference in settings. Never would lock the brakes even on 9 setting. I towed on 8 or 9 all the time.

Sponsored

B0B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted the makers of Brake Buddy and they told me none of their products are compatible with the Ford Maverick.

"At this time Hopkins does not have anything for towing a vehicle with electric assist brakes."

Bert Rooster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Toyota T-100, 06 Jeep Liberty, 2018 Tiffin MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a RVI Brake II in my Mav. It fits the floor pan and works well. Originally I had it set to small SUV and medium sensitivity. Turned out to be way too sensitive and would enable Mav brakes on even minor MH braking. Now set to mid sized and low sensitivity and seems to work much better - still experimenting, I've only towed the Mav twice. The RVI Brake is portable and is best for me because I also tow a Jeep Liberty. I self installed the Roadmaster base plate, it does require removing the entire lower Active Shutter assembly. Not worried about warranty issues, there are laws that require the auto manufacture to prove modifications result in auto failures resulting in warranty claims. Having the lower active shutter system removed seems to me like it would provide better air flow to engine area making it difficult to understand how it could cause a problem. I installed the Roadmaster before the Demco base plate was available, if I were to do it again I would go with the Demco and get Demco ends for my Roadmaster tow bar.

Ford Maverick How do you set up a brake buddy for your hybrid. Roadmaster Base Plate Install - finished 01

Ford Maverick How do you set up a brake buddy for your hybrid. Maverick hooked up 01
Sponsored