Sponsored

How do I get a railcar number?!?!? (Never mind. Finally got it!)

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Saw on Saturday on the tracker that my truck shipped on Friday the 27th. Did the online chat thing to see if I could get the railcar number and they told me they didn't have that information. Later, I called Ford Marketing and asked for the railcar number, and I was told that the rep didn't have that information available, and I should call my dealer. Texted the sales manager (my original dealer is no longer there, and he has taken over my sale) and asked him for the railcar number and he replied with "RA34". I know from other posts that the rail car number is a little longer, so I asked if that was the train number instead of the railcar number. He told me it was a ramp number and he had never seen a railcar number before.

The sales manager has always been pretty good with everything (went through the 22 to 23 conversion without any problems). My truck's going from the plant in Mexico to DFW and I thought that seeing how far it traveled in three days would give me a ballpark on when it would hit DFW. Being this close to the finish line, I don't want to antagonize the sales manager, but I kind of want to get a better idea of when I can expect my truck so I can get financing, and such set up before I take delivery. Is there any other avenue I can take to get the railcar info?

TLDR; can't get railcar number for my truck from chat, marketing or dealership. Are there any other options?
Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same situation for me (mine also shipped on 1/27), and I don't want to hassle my sales manager for the railcar number. If you find a way to get it from customer service or elsewhere let me know.

Does your dealer list all the other Mavericks they have in stock or in transit? Over the past few weeks I tracked a few deliveries using the window sticker data for their other Maverick orders. Two of them took 13 days from ship to delivery, and another one only took 8 days (I'm in Los Angeles). I'm ballparking next week sometime for my truck.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's been 3 months ago, but I was given the rail car number by Ford marketing over the phone. I do agree with an earlier poster that some people who answer the phone are much more helpful than others. My rail car number stayed the same all the way from Mexico to a town near me at a delivery rail yard.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, did you think your truck would be unloaded from one railcar and reloaded on a different railcar somewhere along the way?
I just wasn't sure what would happen when it comes across the border and is picked up by a U.S. carrier. In fact, I do remember the Ford rep saying she wasn't sure if the number would stay the same after it was picked up by Union Pacific or CSX. I have no idea how the car carriers get back to Mexico. I mean, are they eventually hauled back to Hermosillo empty from yards based in the
southwest?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw on Saturday on the tracker that my truck shipped on Friday the 27th. Did the online chat thing to see if I could get the railcar number and they told me they didn't have that information. Later, I called Ford Marketing and asked for the railcar number, and I was told that the rep didn't have that information available, and I should call my dealer. Texted the sales manager (my original dealer is no longer there, and he has taken over my sale) and asked him for the railcar number and he replied with "RA34". I know from other posts that the rail car number is a little longer, so I asked if that was the train number instead of the railcar number. He told me it was a ramp number and he had never seen a railcar number before.

The sales manager has always been pretty good with everything (went through the 22 to 23 conversion without any problems). My truck's going from the plant in Mexico to DFW and I thought that seeing how far it traveled in three days would give me a ballpark on when it would hit DFW. Being this close to the finish line, I don't want to antagonize the sales manager, but I kind of want to get a better idea of when I can expect my truck so I can get financing, and such set up before I take delivery. Is there any other avenue I can take to get the railcar info?

TLDR; can't get railcar number for my truck from chat, marketing or dealership. Are there any other options?
# 13

There, you have a number 🤠

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I easily got the railcar number by asking the person on Ford chat. Maybe it hasn't technically been put on a railcar yet. Mine took a few days after being flagged as "built"

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I easily got the railcar number by asking the person on Ford chat. Maybe it hasn't technically been put on a railcar yet. Mine took a few days after being flagged as "Built"
My "Shipped" dot was green on the 27th according to the pizza tracker on the Ford tracking website. It was "Built" for four days before it switched to shipped. I'm just trying to figure out how long it takes to get from the factory to DFW.

EngineeredDetails

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2016 Fusion, 2017 Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I got on Ford Chat and here is my exact request to get my railcar number. Also, mine was "shipped" on the 29th but it really just left the plant at 5:30am this morning the 31st.
"Good morning <insert name>. I hope your <insert day> is off to a great a start. Would you be able to provide me with the railcar number for Town and Country Ford Order# XXXX VIN 3FTTW8E9XXXXXXXXX? The sales manager is out sick and my salesman gave me the ramp code which is what's on the window sticker..."
This is what got me the railcar number. Maybe it could work for you.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It is on the Visibility Report. Your dealer has access to it.
Not clear if Customer Service sees the entire report or not. When I used to call for updates, they read off what seemed to be the newest line of that report. They didn’t seem to want look deeper.
If your dealer won’t help, the I’d try what @EngineeredDetails said.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just tried Ford Chat without success, but I did learn my truck's last known location was Nogales AZ on 1/29.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is on the Visibility Report. Your dealer has access to it.
Not clear if Customer Service sees the entire report or not. When I used to call for updates, they read off what seemed to be the newest line of that report. They didn’t seem to want look deeper.
If your dealer won’t help, the I’d try what @EngineeredDetails said.
This is the answer. Once the trackers shows it's in transit your salesperson has access to the rail car number.

Follow the instructions in the sticky thread at the MTC on where to call and how to respond. Time estimates will vary. Most vehicles arrive in four weeks.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just tried Ford Chat without success, but I did learn my truck's last known location was Nogales AZ on 1/29.
I think most of the time when they make that stop IN AZ. they may sit for a couple of days cuz it is a junction that the railcars make a transfer from one rail carrier to another

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think most of the time when they make that stop IN AZ. they may sit for a couple of days cuz it is a junction that the railcars make a transfer from one rail carrier to another
I assume so, it looks like the closest point of entry from Hermosillo

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got on Ford Chat and here is my exact request to get my railcar number. Also, mine was "shipped" on the 29th but it really just left the plant at 5:30am this morning the 31st.
"Good morning <insert name>. I hope your <insert day> is off to a great a start. Would you be able to provide me with the railcar number for Town and Country Ford Order# XXXX VIN 3FTTW8E9XXXXXXXXX? The sales manager is out sick and my salesman gave me the ramp code which is what's on the window sticker..."
This is what got me the railcar number. Maybe it could work for you.
Worked like a charm. Railcar # TTGX699183 currently on a Ferrocarril Mexico train. It's on its way!

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worked like a charm. Railcar # TTGX699183 currently on a Ferrocarril Mexico train. It's on its way!
I got my railcar # too, and from the UP tracking service it sounds like it is due to reach its destination tomorrow afternoon (!?). Not sure how long it takes to transfer from rail to dealer, but I'm happy it's moving.
Sponsored