First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
darlings is a good, no ADM dealer. Our Maverick is on order from them in Bangor, I also bought a Mach E from them. My recommendations for No ADM is Rowe, Quirk Belfast and Darlings, I know there are a few others too.
I too ordered from Bangor Darlings. Still no truck but I have confidence that they will be doing the right thing. My niece ordered hers from their Brunswick location at the end of January and picked it up about 3 weeks ago, very happy with the whole process.
Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe we should plan our meet up for late August, so more Mainers can get there trucks?
I would love to be able to look one over before buying. :)

I really like my 2011 Ranger, but I don't like the 19 mpg highway and 14 mpg around town. 30 mpg with the ICE AWD would be a big improvement.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My niece ordered hers from their Brunswick location at the end of January and picked it up about 3 weeks ago, very happy with the whole process.
Thank you! That gives me some confidence in approaching them.

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone done business with, and can comment on, Darlings Brunswick Ford (Brunswick, Maine)? It used to be called something else but changed names/management sometime in the past year or so I believe.

I would like to order a Maverick next month, and am hoping to avoid some of the drama that others on the forum have experienced. I haven't seen any comments specifically about this dealership.

Brunswick would be the closest dealership to me, but I can drive a bit if there are better options.

Thank you.
Brunswick Ford on Pleasant Street was sold to Tucker several years ago. We bought our used Cmax plug-in from Tucker at their Bath Road location the day before it became Yankee Ford Brunswick. I found their service department okay. Yankee became Darlings after about a year. I haven't had any experience with them.
Our Maverick is the 9th vehicle we've purchased from Wiscasset Ford. They charged MSRP with price protection for our Maverick, with no dealer fees...only the $34 title fee.
If you want to see a Lariat up close we're in W Bath...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
darlings is a good, no ADM dealer. Our Maverick is on order from them in Bangor, I also bought a Mach E from them. My recommendations for No ADM is Rowe, Quirk Belfast and Darlings, I know there are a few others too.
Yes on Rowe Ford, no ADM's on the one I ordered for my Wife and an excellent service department too.

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes on Rowe Ford, no ADM's on the one I ordered for my Wife and an excellent service department too.
I have heard mixed results about Rowe and Yankee. Perhaps one off issues but I purposely avoided them both and chose Casco Bay Ford instead with no regrets. Not trying to cause a dispute but letting you know what I have heard. In the case of Rowe...it was a Jeep (my son's) not a Ford but nonetheless that was enough for me.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have heard mixed results about Rowe and Yankee. Perhaps one off issues but I purposely avoided them both and chose Casco Bay Ford instead with no regrets. Not trying to cause a dispute but letting you know what I have heard. In the case of Rowe...it was a Jeep (my son's) not a Ford but nonetheless that was enough for me.
Trust me if a dealer screws me once, they don't exist to me ever again. Same page but not screwed by them (yet?:) also Casco Bay Ford has an EXCELLENT service department too.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My niece ordered hers from their Brunswick location at the end of January and picked it up about 3 weeks ago, very happy with the whole process.
I ordered my Mav from Darling's Brunswick yesterday. Did you and/or your niece have to put down a $1000 deposit when ordering?

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Mav from Darling's Brunswick yesterday. Did you and/or your niece have to put down a $1000 deposit when ordering?
I ordered mine at their Bangor dealership, they asked for $500 and I gave them $1000, assuming at the time I'd be seeing my truck within 6 months - right. My niece, don't know, didn't ask.

Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered mine at their Bangor dealership, they asked for $500 and I gave them $1000, assuming at the time I'd be seeing my truck within 6 months - right. My niece, don't know, didn't ask.
Thank you. They asked for $1000 and I thought that seemed reasonable. I see a bunch of people on the forums here saying not to put down any money and I started wondering if I didn't do the right thing (my first time ordering a custom vehicle). I figure it indicates I am a serious buyer and lays a bit of a legal claim to the vehicle.

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All! New to forum. Ordered XL Hybrid in Shadow Black from Wiscasset Ford today. Unable to get aluminum rims on XL (seems odd) but plan on getting snow tires, so will order alloys later and put snows on steel wheels. As others have said this dealer is waiving a deposit and charges no document fees. Process took less than 15 minutes and received confirmation email from Ford within 1/2 hour. Assuming I eventually get the truck it is a great value for the $$$. Still have reliable wheels and hope it stays this way until the Maverick is delivered. Very informative forum!

Stageleft

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback sport, Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello All! New to forum. Ordered XL Hybrid in Shadow Black from Wiscasset Ford today. Unable to get aluminum rims on XL (seems odd) but plan on getting snow tires, so will order alloys later and put snows on steel wheels. As others have said this dealer is waiving a deposit and charges no document fees. Process took less than 15 minutes and received confirmation email from Ford within 1/2 hour. Assuming I eventually get the truck it is a great value for the $$$. Still have reliable wheels and hope it stays this way until the Maverick is delivered. Very informative forum!
I ordered mine from Wiscasset Ford last August, Been driving it since December. Nothing but great things to say about the whole experience. I will be buying from them again!

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. They asked for $1000 and I thought that seemed reasonable. I see a bunch of people on the forums here saying not to put down any money and I started wondering if I didn't do the right thing (my first time ordering a custom vehicle). I figure it indicates I am a serious buyer and lays a bit of a legal claim to the vehicle.
As long as it's a "Refundable" Deposit you should be fine. I put $500.00 on my Wife's order. It took 5 months to come in but loves hers. You'll be good and you're going to love your Maverick:)

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As long as it's a "Refundable" Deposit you should be fine. I put $500.00 on my Wife's order. It took 5 months to come in but loves hers. You'll be good and you're going to love your Maverick:)
Yes, refundable up until they start building the truck.
Sponsored