First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Needed to replace the old but reliable 2002 F150 at 168,000. Never had major issues except having to replace individual coils on the cylinders somewhat frequently. But it is getting tired and we wanted a new pick-up. Especially liked the idea of a hybrid. Have been following the Maverick since it came on the market. And being a Ford man, we now have a White, 2024 Maverick XL Hybrid, Co-Pilot 360 & Rubber Mats the only options. Used points from Maverick purchase to order exterior keyless entry pad, and tailgate assist.

Knowing very little regarding hybrid vehicles & Mavericks, I watched You Tube videos, read many articles, downloaded 2022, 23 & 24 owners manuals & joined The Maverick Truck Club. I am not an engineer or a mechanic type. But I have to have a general idea & understanding how things work. I was really baffled how all the hybrid parts work together. But after seeing a really good You Tube video that showed the locations and functions of the engine, electric motor, regenerative braking & battery location I understand the concepts. Also got educated regarding the settings choices in the instrument cluster before I took delivery. We have a 2019 Escape (gas) very different setting choices.

Within a few days after getting the truck, we left on a road trip vacation to New Mexico. I am from there and we return every year. The comfort and back support of the seats surprised me. Actually superior to our Escape. The trip was a good way to get familiar with the truck. Especially the Co-Pilot 360 features which are new to me. The blind spot warning systems absolutely amaze me how sensitive and accurate they are. Also good introduction to the lane keeping system which is set to normal. For my driving, not as important as the previous features. Only got the BIG RED pay attention warning once. Great trip, the truck a real joy to drive and use for long distance travel. Drove 1,976 miles average 39 mpg. But we were not in a rush just enjoyed the drive. Drove on cruse between 65-68 mph which upped the average.

Bring up Maverick Truck Club every evening and enjoy the newer postings & general information. Still getting caught up on much of the older material I have not read. Great bunch of members. Have learned many things about my truck would not have known without the Club. Thank you Club Members. Reid
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello and welcome to MTC. Congratulations on your new Maverick. How about some pictures of your new truck?

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes, pics please! Bonus points for beautiful NM landscape in the background. :)

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Needed to replace the old but reliable 2002 F150 at 168,000. Never had major issues except having to replace individual coils on the cylinders somewhat frequently. But it is getting tired and we wanted a new pick-up. Especially liked the idea of a hybrid. Have been following the Maverick since it came on the market. And being a Ford man, we now have a White, 2024 Maverick XL Hybrid, Co-Pilot 360 & Rubber Mats the only options. Used points from Maverick purchase to order exterior keyless entry pad, and tailgate assist.

Knowing very little regarding hybrid vehicles & Mavericks, I watched You Tube videos, read many articles, downloaded 2022, 23 & 24 owners manuals & joined The Maverick Truck Club. I am not an engineer or a mechanic type. But I have to have a general idea & understanding how things work. I was really baffled how all the hybrid parts work together. But after seeing a really good You Tube video that showed the locations and functions of the engine, electric motor, regenerative braking & battery location I understand the concepts. Also got educated regarding the settings choices in the instrument cluster before I took delivery. We have a 2019 Escape (gas) very different setting choices.

Within a few days after getting the truck, we left on a road trip vacation to New Mexico. I am from there and we return every year. The comfort and back support of the seats surprised me. Actually superior to our Escape. The trip was a good way to get familiar with the truck. Especially the Co-Pilot 360 features which are new to me. The blind spot warning systems absolutely amaze me how sensitive and accurate they are. Also good introduction to the lane keeping system which is set to normal. For my driving, not as important as the previous features. Only got the BIG RED pay attention warning once. Great trip, the truck a real joy to drive and use for long distance travel. Drove 1,976 miles average 39 mpg. But we were not in a rush just enjoyed the drive. Drove on cruse between 65-68 mph which upped the average.

Bring up Maverick Truck Club every evening and enjoy the newer postings & general information. Still getting caught up on much of the older material I have not read. Great bunch of members. Have learned many things about my truck would not have known without the Club. Thank you Club Members. Reid
Hey Reid.

Welcome to the club and congratulations on getting your Maverick! As a longer term owner and member of the MTC, I know you will find this forum a wealth of information about your new ride, different aspects of owing a hybrid and fun and exciting mods you can do to make it your own.

Speaking of mods, perhaps one of the first is to add a Maverick Truck Club decal so you can properly “represent.”

Two styles/sizes available:

Maverick Truck Club Decal (Glossy) | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions ($5 delivered)

Maverick Truck Club Decal (Transfer) | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions ($6 delivered)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Welcome to the club! We're glad you're loving the Maverick :cool: Should you ever want to learn more on how to enjoy the most out of your vehicle, I'm more than happy to schedule a one on one virtual tour with a Maverick expert to guide you! Just message us with your VIN, and I'll be happy to set that up for you! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChilePepper

ChilePepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here of the photos. Sorry they were not taken in New Mexico. I was too busy visiting & eating chile rellenos, green enchiladas & sopaipillas to take picks.

OP
OP
ChilePepper

ChilePepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see I am going to need some coaching on how to post photos. Guess should have previewed first?
Sponsored