Sponsored

Gator MT tonneau cover - anyone install?

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Anyone have one? Thinking about getting one since realtruck has a sale on it right now. I am in-between a retractable and the hard roll up. First time truck owner here.
Sponsored

Tetochibichu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did you ended up getting? I’m thinking about getting the gator mt as well. I think it’s a rebadged roll n lock A series XT.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
What did you ended up getting? I’m thinking about getting the gator mt as well. I think it’s a rebadged roll n lock A series XT.
Went with the gator mt. It’s coming in tomorrow. I’ll update after I install it.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
So I installed it today. Took a bit longer than I thought because it arrived slightly damaged. The canister and cover were dented in some places and the flange that you have to align the tracks to well one of them was bent quite a bit. This made it a bit more time consuming to square and center everything. I will be contacting real truck to see about the damage. Will post pictures when I have time. Overall a nice cover that would have been a lot easier if it didn’t arrive a bit damaged.

Tetochibichu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I installed it today. Took a bit longer than I thought because it arrived slightly damaged. The canister and cover were dented in some places and the flange that you have to align the tracks to well one of them was bent quite a bit. This made it a bit more time consuming to square and center everything. I will be contacting real truck to see about the damage. Will post pictures when I have time. Overall a nice cover that would have been a lot easier if it didn’t arrive a bit damaged.
Thats a shame. I hope they will give you a discount of some sort for the trouble. Thanks for the update. I just got my bed sprayed with LineX and opt for the base spray without the UV protection since it will be covered. Now, I just need to pull the trigger on the cover.

Are you planning on getting a rack like the elevate or Yakima one?

Sponsored

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Thats a shame. I hope they will give you a discount of some sort for the trouble. Thanks for the update. I just got my bed sprayed with LineX and opt for the base spray without the UV protection since it will be covered. Now, I just need to pull the trigger on the cover.

Are you planning on getting a rack like the elevate or Yakima one?
I might do the elevate but the quick release rhino rack system is my first choice right now so I can easily remove the bars.

Ovidoman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Tremor hopefully
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How's the cannister size on that? Looking into getting one and was a bit worried about losing too much bed space. I read its the smallest cannister compared to other brands.
Sponsored