Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was playing around in my 2022 awd 2.0L xl
And tried holding down the traction control button for a long time and a notice popped up saying “advancedtrac on” not sure what it means. but when it’s on I can’t turn on or off traction control and have to turn on and off my car to make it go away. Also I tried holding the button when traction control is off and it just turns on traction control so trac has to be on to get this. I think it’s weird but don’t know what it is.

Ford Maverick Found a new feature in the truck don’t know what it does IMG_5831
Sponsored

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dvanceTrac with RSC monitors vehicle cornering behavior with steering angle, lateral acceleration and yaw sensors to maximize traction and maneuverability using ABS and traction control components:

• Automatically provides interactive yaw (a vehicle’s rotation about its vertical axis) control
  • Automatically makes braking and throttle adjustments when there is a discrepancy between the driver’s inputs and the vehicle's motion
  • Incorporates traction control to help the vehicle regain traction on loose or slippery surfaces
  • Helps stabilize the vertical stability of the vehicle in adverse conditions like ice, gravel or rain
  • Activates whenever the vehicle is started, but may be turned off for certain situations such as when “rocking” a vehicle stuck in mud or snow

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dvanceTrac with RSC monitors vehicle cornering behavior with steering angle, lateral acceleration and yaw sensors to maximize traction and maneuverability using ABS and traction control components:

• Automatically provides interactive yaw (a vehicle’s rotation about its vertical axis) control
  • Automatically makes braking and throttle adjustments when there is a discrepancy between the driver’s inputs and the vehicle's motion
  • Incorporates traction control to help the vehicle regain traction on loose or slippery surfaces
  • Helps stabilize the vertical stability of the vehicle in adverse conditions like ice, gravel or rain
  • Activates whenever the vehicle is started, but may be turned off for certain situations such as when “rocking” a vehicle stuck in mud or snow
Is that only for AWD/4wd models?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that only for AWD/4wd models?
Do the FWD models have a traction control button?

IMO AdvanceTrac IS the traction control system. They have been using that term at least since 2005 and probably earlier since my 05 explorer has an AdvanceTrac system.

They are not going to start making a new traction control system from a clean sheet for each model vehicle they produce. The existing system works so why mess with it? It's just software, so they tweak it for every new vehicle and call it a day.

Does it mean anything more than the normal on/off indicator? Hard to say. It's probably something the engineers used when they were adapting the system to the platform, but it was ugly so they hid it behind the new indicator.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the FWD models have a traction control button?

IMO AdvanceTrac IS the traction control system. They have been using that term at least since 2005 and probably earlier since my 05 explorer has an AdvanceTrac system.

They are not going to start making a new traction control system from a clean sheet for each model vehicle they produce. The existing system works so why mess with it? It's just software, so they tweak it for every new vehicle and call it a day.

Does it mean anything more than the normal on/off indicator? Hard to say. It's probably something the engineers used when they were adapting the system to the platform, but it was ugly so they hid it behind the new indicator.
You are correct it is not new, the post indicated that not just pressing to turn traction control on but pressing AND holding it went into an advanced mode, however your opinion is wrong and misguided as there is a difference in modes and how they work with the different drivetrain's.
My post was so people including me would be better informed by Facts. I researched it and will post those separately.

Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was playing around in my 2022 awd 2.0L xl
And tried holding down the traction control button for a long time and a notice popped up saying “advancedtrac on” not sure what it means. but when it’s on I can’t turn on or off traction control and have to turn on and off my car to make it go away. Also I tried holding the button when traction control is off and it just turns on traction control so trac has to be on to get this. I think it’s weird but don’t know what it is.

IMG_5831.jpeg
TC activates quickly when any level of wheelspin/slip develops as a result of the use of to much engine torque being used for roadbed traction conditions.

The simplest, least complex, mostly applies only to FWD or F/awd. These systems will instantly dethrottle the engine while simultaneously applying braking to the driven wheels in order to most quickly abate the situation and thereby reduce the probability of loss of directional control. Basically, for FWD or F/awd, an inverse form of ABS.

RWD and R/awd vehicle often have a more sophisticated TC system. Since loss of directional control is a less threatening matter oftentimes the brakes are used immediately but dethrottling is delayed for a few hunderd milliseconds to give the driver time, the opportunity, to react and "feather" the throttle to a level to regain traction.

There is yet another aspect of TC that only applies to RWD and R/awd vehicles. And that is differential braking to simulate an LSD functionality, only brake the rear wheel that is slipping.

But. None of the above applies to ADVANCED TC.

Advanced TC, otherwise known as stability control, will act, automatically and quickly, to correct for instances of overstearing or understearing. The most common implementations will brake both rear wheels if a understearing condition is detected via the various sensors, but only brake the "outside" front wheel for correction of overstearing.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TC activates quickly when any level of wheelspin/slip develops as a result of the use of to much engine torque being used for roadbed traction conditions.

The simplest, least complex, mostly applies only to FWD or F/awd. These systems will instantly dethrottle the engine while simultaneously applying braking to the driven wheels in order to most quickly abate the situation and thereby reduce the probability of loss of directional control. Basically, for FWD or F/awd, an inverse form of ABS.

RWD and R/awd vehicle often have a more sophisticated TC system. Since loss of directional control is a less threatening matter oftentimes the brakes are used immediately but dethrottling is delayed for a few hunderd milliseconds to give the driver time, the opportunity, to react and "feather" the throttle to a level to regain traction.

There is yet another aspect of TC that only applies to RWD and R/awd vehicles. And that is differential braking to simulate an LSD functionality, only brake the rear wheel that is slipping.

But. None of the above applies to ADVANCED TC.

Advanced TC, otherwise known as stability control, will act, automatically and quickly, to correct for instances of overstearing or understearing. The most common implementations will brake both rear wheels if a understearing condition is detected via the various sensors, but only brake the "outside" front wheel for correction of overstearing.
Great information! Can you provide links to where you found the information?

OP
OP

SaintCowboy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks guys for all the info. I would like to say that when it is in that mode and I’m looking at the awd system on the drivers display that shows power output to each wheel. It seems to send more power to the rear than the regular traction control which looks to send more to the front. Also I tried taking hard turns and the wheels slip less than normal tc. This weekend me and some friends are going to be timing it because it feels like a faster launch.

notgoosemaverick33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AdvanceTrac is so old, I think they invented it around the time they had the Explorer Sport Trac model. It is basically a combination system that used ABS sensors, output speed sensors, etc; to provide proper traction and handling. I usually get in my truck, start it up, hit the STOP START button to disable that, and disable traction control because I know how to handle a vehicle...And it slides better with traction control disabled
Sponsored