mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From a shipping perspective, it's not. They are charging one of the highest destination charges in the industry. They can afford it.
I have to say I’ve disagreed with everything you’ve said before this, but I give you that we should be expecting better with the exorbitant destination charge, or another way of saying it is a portion of the destination charge is simply a money-grab. I understand delays, shortages, and unpredictable scheduling, but we shouldn’t be paying a premium for it.

You can order a BMW from LA, have it shipped from Wolfsburg Germany and still pay less in destination than we are.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one is saying they have to stop production because they can't build a speficic vehicle in order. That is just plain stupid. If they are building vehicles and shipping them to dealers first that are identical to customer order that are still waiting for build dates after ording in June or July, that is a problem. This is exactly what has happened. I don't care that hybrid orders are delayed, because ALL hybrid orders are delayed. But many dealers have received dealer stock and sold at huge markups while customers that ordered those exact same builds could have gotten theirs instead. Either way, Ford made the same profit per vehicle, but favored the dealers. It's not great in a capitalist economy to treat your end customers that way and tarnish your brand.
do you have proof of all these "dealer stock" orders being fulfilled before customer retail orders? My borther in law just purchased a maverick off the lot this week- it was actually a customer retail order that was declined. There are dozens of stories of people doing the exact same thing, including on this forum. If you had been around here months ago when Reservations opened and then the order bank, tons of people were placing orders (including multiples) they were not ever going to accept and just walk away. THAT is where many Mavericks on lots are coming from....

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
Can't say for sure for your case specifically, and I've not seen any good cross tabs on orders vs dealer size so I don't know about dealer equity. But you have to consider the base rate for the big dealers. More orders = more allocations = more orders = more people posting there big dealer builds here. I also think theirs some basis towards ordering from the big "online" dealers in internet forums. We're generally the more connected folk who would buy from a dealer in a different state.
My dealer has allocations; he's had at least 10 every month since October but keeps getting passed over. And he's only got 7 hybrid orders and 1 ecoboost plus his dealer ordered stock ecoboot.

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me it came down to my money. I called three local dealers and asked if they could match Chapman’s offer. They all said that they couldn’t. I would have gone with them had any matched the price. They didn’t even counter, I would have considered something close. Bottom line is that I work for my money and I would rather pay as little as possible and keep the rest. Simple family economics. If any of the local dealers had offered what Chapman did, they would have sold hundreds just like Chapman. I drove 3 hours round trip and I would every day to save almost $2400. Worked for me.

3D0B7B66-6B47-45B4-9405-818C9728F461.jpeg
This picture makes me glad I went with Alto Blue. That looks so good here! Do you love the color?

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has allocations; he's had at least 10 every month since October but keeps getting passed over. And he's only got 7 hybrid orders and 1 ecoboost plus his dealer ordered stock ecoboot.
Not sure. Could be a statistical/algorithmic anomaly, could be that "Ford" hates your dealership, could be your dealer messed up and put all the retail orders at priority 80, could be aliens, etc etc

Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The town 45 miles south of me has a population of 12,000. They got 2 Mavs around OCT 6. This was before my city of 283,000 received my truck on Oct 14th, which was the first one in town. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After thinking about this ,I agree FORD REALLY MESSED UP ,the Maverick retail ordering experience. This might be over simplifying it BUT. THEY NEVER should have put it in the dealers hands at all. When I built mine on line I had 3 dealers immediately call me. I am not trying to discredit the dealers who capitalized on the system Ford put in place ,half the dealers didn't really know how to navigate it .BUT the guys that did and offered up some of their profit (4%) etc. took massive amounts of orders .Does anyone think that that could have done something to the whole allocation system I DO .Maybe this is off base . But when I ordered my Mach e on 11/15/2021 I went online ordered it picked my dealer ,got a confirmation ,got a call from the dealer I picked that my order was processed and done. The mach E system by design spreads the orders out thru out the whole dealer network . but if they built 20,000 trucks so far and lets say the dealer who took 400 orders at a 4% discount and probably took many more with a lesser discount so lets hypothetically SAY 1000 orders so 1 dealer could hypothetically suck up 5% of the trucks currently built?? I repeat ONE DEALER ,There are over 3000 DEALERS IN THE US. Does this make any sense? the orders would have been dispersed much more evenly and fairly .?? just a thought

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. Could be a statistical/algorithmic anomaly, could be that "Ford" hates your dealership, could be your dealer messed up and put all the retail orders at priority 80, could be aliens, etc etc
Priority 10, signed ROVP, and everything is good to haha

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After thinking about this ,I agree FORD REALLY MESSED UP ,the Maverick retail ordering experience. This might be over simplifying it BUT. THEY NEVER should have put it in the dealers hands at all. When I built mine on line I had 3 dealers immediately call me. I am not trying to discredit the dealers who capitalized on the system Ford put in place ,half the dealers didn't really know how to navigate it .BUT the guys that did and offered up some of their profit (4%) etc. took massive amounts of orders .Does anyone think that that could have done something to the whole allocation system I DO .Maybe this is off base . But when I ordered my Mach e on 11/15/2021 I went online ordered it picked my dealer ,got a confirmation ,got a call from the dealer I picked that my order was processed and done. The mach E system by design spreads the orders out thru out the whole dealer network . but if they built 20,000 trucks so far and lets say the dealer who took 400 orders at a 4% discount and probably took many more with a lesser discount so lets hypothetically SAY 1000 orders so 1 dealer could hypothetically suck up 5% of the trucks currently built?? I repeat ONE DEALER ,There are over 3000 DEALERS IN THE US. Does this make any sense? the orders would have been dispersed much more evenly and fairly .?? just a thought
When did you reserve? When I reserved I put in my zip code and it offered nearby dealerships and I could choose which one I wanted to contact me.

Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Ford has forgotten who the customers are"

Sorry but more accuratly Ford does not care who the customer is.

Ford only cares about Ford. Profits are up, costs are down and folks are ordering cars so why should they care who the customers are?

The customers that drove the reservations/orders up for Mavericks in June, July and August helped Ford build a campaign of "look how many reservations we have."

Many of those that converted to orders for the Hybrid, especially the fully loaded ones, are still waiting for something other than an order confirmation and a letter about "FITS" that no onecares about unless they actually get a Maverick.

Not cancelling my orders but I am very aware of how much Ford cares about who the customer is.
this is the best explanation I've seen yet. You're right, those of us who ordered in June and July did in fact drive up the hype on the hybrid Maverick yet. you're welcome Ford and thanks for remembering us....

Rick Ford

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I currently have two vehicles on order, Bronco Sport ordered for my wife in early September and Maverick ordered in early November for myself. So far all I have is Order Confirmation on both, but I do have a VIN for the Bronco Sport but no build date. I did not expect anything on the Maverick since it has not been long since I ordered.

I agree with the comment that retail customers should take priority along with the first come-first served methodology. I have driven Fords most of my life, except a Porsche and a Jag after retiring, but at 73 time is not on my side and I will not wait forever. I love Fords but I am not a blind loyalist either.

The ordering process is beyond our control, but I can control how long I am willing wait!

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
do you have proof of all these "dealer stock" orders being fulfilled before customer retail orders? My borther in law just purchased a maverick off the lot this week- it was actually a customer retail order that was declined. There are dozens of stories of people doing the exact same thing, including on this forum. If you had been around here months ago when Reservations opened and then the order bank, tons of people were placing orders (including multiples) they were not ever going to accept and just walk away. THAT is where many Mavericks on lots are coming from....
A smart dealer would look at who has ordered the same, or a very similar, truck and offer it at MSRP (or maybe a very small ADM) to whoever was first in line, selling that persons truck , when it came in at a higher ADM. Happy customer and good profits. Win/win.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This picture makes me glad I went with Alto Blue. That looks so good here! Do you love the color?
The color is awesome. I debated Alto or Velocity, definitely blue. The Alto just looks classy not that classy applies to me, lol, but at least my truck can be.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is a business. Your individual sale or gripe does not matter.

We will get our vehicles when they are ready and available.
Sponsored