Sponsored

Ford Hard Roll Tonneau Cover not installed properly?

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the hard roll tonneau cover by Ford installed by a local dealership. I had the truck back there 2 times now because I don't think the cover was installed right.I have 5/16 on one side at the top and 1/8 on the other side.Going across the tail gate I have a 1/8 gap.Does anyone else have this issue with hard roll cover? Otherwise the cover looks great.

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Roll Tonneau Cover not installed properly? 20220118_113342

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Roll Tonneau Cover not installed properly? 20220118_113125

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Roll Tonneau Cover not installed properly? 20220118_113400
Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you shouldn’t have to do this, but maybe you can find instructions for the installation online and make some minor movement changes..

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know you shouldn’t have to do this, but maybe you can find instructions for the installation online and make some minor movement changes..

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed may not be square. Pull a tape diagonally corner to corner. The two measurements should be the same distance. I would be concerned if it is out more than about 1/4” to 3/8”.

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply I do have the instructions. I am thinking about waiting for warmer weather then see if I can do something then.When I did go back to the dealership the 2nd time I did tell them I could probably fix the cover myself but I shouldn't have to because I paid them to install the cover not unless it is a Ford problem that it doesn't fit right but I am not sure

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bed may not be square. Pull a tape diagonally corner to corner. The two measurements should be the same distance. I would be concerned if it is out more than about 1/4” to 3/8”.

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks I did check each corner going diagonally the bed is square. The cover is straight across at the tail gate but I have a 1/8 gap from the cover to the tail gate I would think the cover would seal against the tail gate

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks I did check each corner going diagonally the bed is square. The cover is straight across at the tail gate but I have a 1/8 gap from the cover to the tail gate I would think the cover would seal against the tail gate
So you have a gap on the drivers side in the front and rear of the bed. The bed is pretty square.
Take the cover back to the dealer and demand to get one that fits properly.
I'm not a 'oh my god, this tiny blemish means my truck needs a recall' sort, but too much water will get in!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say too from what I see the cover is not square and maybe a little short too. I was wondering if another Maverick owner had the same problem with hard roll up cover from Ford.I think too the dealership should have sent the cover back to Ford.The cover does have a 3 year warranty

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m having some leaking problems. The back of the cover rubber seal on my truck does not even touch the tailgate. In addition the front of the cover by the cab isn’t sealed properly. You can see sunlight from under the cover in the corners.

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m having some leaking problems. The back of the cover rubber seal on my truck does not even touch the tailgate. In addition the front of the cover by the cab isn’t sealed properly. You can see sunlight from under the cover in the corners.
Did you install the cover yourself? Is the cover also sold by Ford?

OP
OP
Blues

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. Ford installed it..
I wonder if everyone else is having the same problem with the tonneau cover from Ford that we are having?Sounds like there is a problem with the cover being to short.
Sponsored