OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
With the Rav4 representation in the rankings combined with North America thirst for trucks Toyota has a real opportunity in front of them with a Rav4 pickup. Come on Toyota!!!
That will be called Tacoma mini, wait Tacoma is mini already...
Sponsored

OP
OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Yep, that map was put together by a non-vehicle person.... Should be for trucks Ford-GM-Ram-Toyota-Nissan-Honda
And of course, this is a lot easier than by series...Can you imagine trying to do GM...with it's 15 series lol
It is marketing and sales map as it should be.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the Rav4 representation in the rankings combined with North America thirst for trucks Toyota has a real opportunity in front of them with a Rav4 pickup. Come on Toyota!!!
One thing we've learned from Hyundai, is that you can't just take any crossover and turn it into a pickup, as the forces are potentially very high on the chassis.

Hyundai had to wait an entire product cycle when they saw the last generation Tucson for example just wasn't strong enough, and they had to wait to design the new Tucson platform from the get-go to be strong enough for pickup duty. I'm sure Ford did the same when designing the Escape platform.

Luckily they don't have chicken tax concerns though since they already make RAV4s in North America that are covered by trade agreements.

I think more likely to see soon would be a Fiat Toro aka Ram 1000 model introduced to North America. Its based on the Renegade and Compass platform, and soon the Fiat plant in Mexico will have practically nothing left to build so they could ramp up there. I like the current powertrain options which are the new 1.3T that makes 180hp or the diesel that is supposed to get 45mpg highway.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota has said they won’t make a compact pickup again but this would get me to drop my Maverick.

Rowerwet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 frontier, 2016 grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One magazine suggested a grand Caravan based pickup truck for dodge, it would be a roughly ridgeline sized. It would also have a great tow rating and payload.

Probably won't happen
Sponsored