OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
My wife always has a box of Kleenex tissues rattling around on the rear floor where she can't reach them. It would be nice to have a box behind the sets accessible from the front to hold a box of tissues.
@Phil, are you thinking something easily accessible from the front seat without having to reach behind the seat?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife always has a box of Kleenex tissues rattling around on the rear floor where she can't reach them. It would be nice to have a box behind the sets accessible from the front to hold a box of tissues.
Or maybe something that's behind the front seat to keep from 'cluttering up' the front while retaining accessibility from the back....

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or maybe something that's behind the front seat to keep from 'cluttering up' the front while retaining accessibility from the back....
Yeah, I may not have been clear, but that is what I meant. Maybe something in a slot on the back side of the arm rest

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MOLLE. Some of here will know what that is. should have forgotten this FITS and put MOLLE points everywhere >:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I may not have been clear, but that is what I meant. Maybe something in a slot on the back side of the arm rest
When you say the arm rest, are you meaning the middle rest between the seats? What I'm envisioning is a holder for a Kleenex box that rests the box above the center armrest but behind the front seats. Sound like what you had in mind? Please elaborate...

Slammer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Sable
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Handgun holder...I like it! what model. Developing a model will depend on the geometry.
I'm imagining a slot for a paddle holster, it could attach to the inside left-hand wall of the cubby. Then regardless of handgun, as long as you use a paddle holster then the paddle would fit in the slot just like it fits on the inside of your waistband

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm imagining a slot for a paddle holster, it could attach to the inside left-hand wall of the cubby. Then regardless of handgun, as long as you use a paddle holster then the paddle would fit in the slot just like it fits on the inside of your waistband
I like the concept. Do you mind if I add this to my idea mill to work up a design that you and others may benefit from? I'll post a print file for review and comment and surely attribute you to the genesis for the design,

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you say the arm rest, are you meaning the middle rest between the seats? What I'm envisioning is a holder for a Kleenex box that rests the box above the center armrest but behind the front seats. Sound like what you had in mind? Please elaborate...
Yes, that is what I was thinking. I was thinking about something above the middle rest. Maybe something that could be attached before leaving on a road trip Concern would be that it obstructed access to the drink cooler that we carry on the floor in the backseat when we are on road trips. Also concerned that it would take up too much space and be inconvenient for backseat passengers. Just spit-balling.

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MOLLE. Some of here will know what that is. should have forgotten this FITS and put MOLLE points everywhere >:)
All about MOLLE. What are your thoughts on how to expand the concept to the Maverick? Many of our followers may not know the acronym, sorry, but don't want to lose the focus for those who are already joining in...Please expound for their benefit...

Sponsored
OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that is what I was thinking. I was thinking about something above the middle rest. Maybe something that could be attached before leaving on a road trip Concern would be that it obstructed access to the drink cooler that we carry on the floor in the backseat when we are on road trips. Also concerned that it would take up too much space and be inconvenient for backseat passengers. Just spit-balling.
Hey, spit-balling has produced some incredible results - no need to apologize. Give me a moment and let's see what matriculates...

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MOLLE for those not in know is Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment, it's something our military uses on combat gear. Think Webbing the biritsh and american troops used on belts in WWII but for your chest, legs, and anything else you can attach it to.

I'm not sure how feasible, but I'd personally enjoy removing the door panels and replacing with molle panels somehow. Ebay and Amazon also have molle panels you can attach to the back of the front seats via straps. When I get mine I'll have to look, but molle webbing added to the underside of the back bench seat, flip up and there's your gear.

But I derived from the topic, I would greatly enjoy a blank FITS block/plug to stick in the screen cubby. I'd enjoy some sort of insert to hold a couple mags for quick access.

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FITS block for the cubby and a flashlight mount. Not sure how to print to accommodate for the weight of say, a 2D mag, or if it is even possible (or if it would be in a way- I have ordered totally unseen). The cubby really to me is the worst part of this vehicle, but the idea of making it useful is intriguing
Sponsored