Sponsored

Finish protection -- 'waiting period' / curing period before applying protectants (i.e. graphene coating) ?

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Still awaiting FOMOCO to notify me of the production schedule for my new Lariat Lux Pkg. but have the surface care products standing by. I am planning on applying 303 Graphene coating and was wondering if anyone out here was certain about the finish processing and curing at the factory. I'm fairly certain there isn't a 'waiting period' to apply protectants since it is highly likely that all painted surfaces leaving Hermosillo will already be cured via their infrared ovens but just checking to see if anyone has 411 to the contrary.
Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Ford's plan with most hybrids has been to let them sit baking in the desert for months so paint cure is usually complete by the time it arrives.

Actually - the paint process in the factory does indeed allow you to apply sealants to the paint by the time you get the truck.

OP
OP
SeniorChiefMM

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Ford's plan with most hybrids has been to let them sit baking in the desert for months so paint cure is usually complete by the time it arrives.

Actually - the paint process in the factory does indeed allow you to apply sealants to the paint by the time you get the truck.
LMFAO! I can't say I disagree with your initial statement. Sure seems that way...

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Baking in the sun for months is correct. I'm sure all the Mavs will be fully cured by the time people receive them. One thing I will absolutely be doing upon receipt is iron decontamination. Either the Adams spray or the new Turtle Wax wheel/paint iron remover. These trucks will pick up a lot of rail dust and other contaminants on the way from Mexico. Before any coating, really good wash, iron remover, clay bar, then coat. I love the TW stuff (hybrid solutions) so I'll be doing the ceramic/graphene spray coating they have.
Sponsored