Sponsored

Finally got my Maverick after 9.5 months!

Macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
After waiting 9.5 months I got my Maverick on Friday and immediately drove it 600 miles home. Hybrid XL with CoPilot, tow hitch, rear window, 400W inverter.

I got it from Chapman Ford of Northeast Philly. Yes, they gave the originally promised price. I had a rebate to apply and could not combine that with the 0% financing so I either got to take the rebate and take their current financing offers, or take the 0% and forfeit the rebate. I did the former. Out the door cost (tax and all) was just a few dollars over $22k.

Some first impressions are below- most are probably not news to people who followed ALL maverick discussions like I do. The list is like half ā€œnegativesā€ but honestly itā€™s as good or better than I expected so far. To say this car is worth the money is a serious understatement.

1) Yea itā€™s a small truck but itā€™s not that small. The front seat area is pretty big and thereā€™s way more head room than my other cars. Iā€™ve never been a full size truck person but Iā€™ve had rangers and a Dakota and this truck isnā€™t completely puny. The driving position does feel pretty much like a traditional truck. Similarly, the ground clearance is reasonable- close to a Subaru Outback, for example.

2) No offense but this truck sounds awful when youā€™re accelerating. Iā€™m not sure whether I hate the electric motor sound or the surprisingly loud 4cyl gas engine more. Also- no, this car is not ā€œpeppyā€ or any other adjective suggesting it can accelerate quickly. Itā€™s like saying a CMAX is peppy. I donā€™t mind this but itā€™s just a fact. Itā€™s more than adequate, but I think pretty much every car is.

3) The mpg does vascillate- youā€™ll think youā€™re doing a horrible job, getting like 30mpg max for a few minutes in town, then youā€™re in electric mode for a few minutes and you catch up quickly. Most of my trip was highway and I was getting about 33.9mpg measured at the pump (oddly, the computer underestimated- it said about 32). When hypermiling in town I can get high 40s but thatā€™s about the cap- the EPA numbers look about right.

4) That fits accessory pack is trash- Iā€™ll use the trash can and the cup holders I guess but I canā€™t believe they sell that for $50. Itā€™s a nice gesture nonetheless

5) The auto high beams are a nice thought but suck in practice. Iā€™m pretty sure people were thinking I was signaling to them that there were cops posted up. No, I wasnā€™t- itā€™s just my auto high beams

6) I never know which way to turn the shift dial. I assume Iā€™ll get used to that.

7) the steel wheels look awesome and if you disagree youā€™re wrong.

8. I love the button that lets you turn the screen into the minimal mode while still having the smartphone compatibility

9) CP360 package is definitely worth it though I couldā€™ve done without the car telling me to take a break repeatedly. I had to get home, Mav.

I havenā€™t really examined the bed much but it looks cool, as does the rear window. Might have something to report on those, or the tow hitch, another time.

Ford Maverick Finally got my Maverick after 9.5 months! 2CC03E8D-0B86-4983-BE30-FA9D1061546B
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick hybrid runs 0-60 in about 7.6s while the CMax was around 7.9, so your speed "feel" is about spot on.

There is a thread on this forum where people noticed some insulation pieces were missing from the front fender area, this was letting in some engine/road noise. Might be worth taking a look to see if that is missing and might be the cause for some of the engine noise you are experiencing. Also worth checking tire pressure, some have reported it being in the mid 40s from the dealership (supposed to be mid 30s), which will contribute to road noise/harshness if not set correctly.

OP
OP

Macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ford Maverick hybrid runs 0-60 in about 7.6s while the CMax was around 7.9, so your speed "feel" is about spot on.

There is a thread on this forum where people noticed some insulation pieces were missing from the front fender area, this was letting in some engine/road noise. Might be worth taking a look to see if that is missing and might be the cause for some of the engine noise you are experiencing. Also worth checking tire pressure, some have reported it being in the mid 40s from the dealership (supposed to be mid 30s), which will contribute to road noise/harshness if not set correctly.
Thanks- when I was messing with the productivity screen I did notice the tire pressure was about right (mid/high 30s). And itā€™s not so much that itā€™s loud- it just doesnā€™t sound great šŸ˜‚ But hybrids rarely do- itā€™s not so much a dig as it is an observation
Sponsored