FINALLY DELIVERED!!!

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I Picked up my Maverick on Monday 5/2. I was able to pick it up the same day it was delivered. I Originally ordered 9/27 so total time from order to delivery was just over 7 months. My order details are in my signature. The dealer did not try to mark it up over msrp which was good. Couple of things i wasnt crazy about. They tried to charge me $600 for registration i caught it when i read the final breakdown before they had me sign and they adjusted it immediately to the exact reg cost. I did get the 0% financing that was available when i ordered so im not paying any interest which is great, however i was told that since i was getting the 0% financing i could not use the farm bureau discount. Also i was charged the current sticker price which was exactly $190 more than when i ordered. I know they are supposed to be price protected and i mentioned that and was told he checked everywhere in his system and it wont adjust which im pretty sure is bullsh*t. I got the 0% financing and they didnt try to mark it up or add any ridiculous fees or mandatory dealer installed options so i didnt make a big stink about the $190 or the farm bureau discount even though i should have lol. I was curious if they were being truthful about that so called ford marketing and was told that in fact i should have been eligible for both the farm bureau discount and the price protection along with the 0% financing. So i guess they kind of got me for $690 in discounts that i was eligible for. I should have made a bigger deal about it but Either way after a long wait im finally driving it and im happy. I love the maverick so far. Also carmax paid a ridiculous price for my 2017 Hyundai Sonata $17,200. Which was $1,000 more than their offer in early april and $3,300 more than The Ford Dealer offered me on a trade. Anyone with a trade in should definitely get a price from carmax i dont know how they make any money paying these prices lol.

Ford Maverick FINALLY DELIVERED!!! F8EE93F8-3510-47B6-9D77-FFB265F4B96D
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Picked up my Maverick on Monday 5/2. I was able to pick it up the same day it was delivered. I Originally ordered 9/27 so total time from order to delivery was just over 7 months. My order details are in my signature. The dealer did not try to mark it up over msrp which was good. Couple of things i wasnt crazy about. They tried to charge me $600 for registration i caught it when i read the final breakdown before they had me sign and they adjusted it immediately to the exact reg cost. I did get the 0% financing that was available when i ordered so im not paying any interest which is great, however i was told that since i was getting the 0% financing i could not use the farm bureau discount. Also i was charged the current sticker price which was exactly $190 more than when i ordered. I know they are supposed to be price protected and i mentioned that and was told he checked everywhere in his system and it wont adjust which im pretty sure is bullsh*t. I got the 0% financing and they didnt try to mark it up or add any ridiculous fees or mandatory dealer installed options so i didnt make a big stink about the $190 or the farm bureau discount even though i should have lol. I was curious if they were being truthful about that so called ford marketing and was told that in fact i should have been eligible for both the farm bureau discount and the price protection along with the 0% financing. So i guess they kind of got me for $690 in discounts that i was eligible for. I should have made a bigger deal about it but Either way after a long wait im finally driving it and im happy. I love the maverick so far. Also carmax paid a ridiculous price for my 2017 Hyundai Sonata $17,200. Which was $1,000 more than their offer in early april and $3,300 more than The Ford Dealer offered me on a trade. Anyone with a trade in should definitely get a price from carmax i dont know how they make any money paying these prices lol.

F8EE93F8-3510-47B6-9D77-FFB265F4B96D.png

Were you eligible for the farm bureau discount at the time of order? Maybe that was the issue? That you weren't eligible for that rebate if they used the order date for incentive protection (necessary to get you the 0%).

You should have gotten the price protection though. That is supposed to automatically be reimbursed to the dealer if the retail order is sold to the person who ordered it.

OP
OP

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Were you eligible for the farm bureau discount at the time of order? Maybe that was the issue? That you weren't eligible for that rebate if they used the order date for incentive protection (necessary to get you the 0%).

You should have gotten the price protection though. That is supposed to automatically be reimbursed to the dealer if the retail order is sold to the person who ordered it.
I did the farm bureau membership months after my order so that could be it, and yes price protection was supposed to be guaranteed for those who ordered and i knew that but they assured me they tried and couldnt find it in their system. Theyll try anything to make an extra buck.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the farm bureau membership months after my order so that could be it, and yes price protection was supposed to be guaranteed for those who ordered and i knew that but they assured me they tried and couldnt find it in their system. Theyll try anything to make an extra buck.
Yeah, Ford did recently change the procedure about this, so there may be some genuine confusion. Or they just didn't bother to try and look very hard!
Sponsored