First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought mine would be unloaded by now, but I still get "Actual Placement of Car".... I do not understand how anyone gets a fast turnaround on shipping since each part of the shipping process has taken at LEAST 2-3 days to complete. How anyone gets theirs under 2-3 weeks is beyond my understand.
Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t get it either. This has been a very long and drawn out process since it shipped 2/18.
Agreed and I'm sorry you've had to wait and get frustrated too. I caved and went on the Ford chat to ask for an ETA to my dealer and was told 4/6/22..... This better be a conservative estimate because this is the ONLY day in the foreseeable future that I absolutely cannot pick it up. So frustrating. I realize this is a first world minor problem, but still it upsets me.

SinnerSavedByGrace

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Agreed and I'm sorry you've had to wait and get frustrated too. I caved and went on the Ford chat to ask for an ETA to my dealer and was told 4/6/22..... This better be a conservative estimate because this is the ONLY day in the foreseeable future that I absolutely cannot pick it up. So frustrating. I realize this is a first world minor problem, but still it upsets me.
The “actual placement” does mean that your vehicle was unloaded. The next step is for the train company to notify Ford. Then Ford has to order/activate your inactive order for your vehicle be delivered to your dealership. Once Ford places that order, it will show up in OVISS tracking as pending pickup. Ford is slow, that’s why it took me 2 days to show up as pending pickup.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The “actual placement” does mean that your vehicle was unloaded. The next step is for the train company to notify Ford. Then Ford has to order/activate your inactive order for your vehicle be delivered to your dealership. Once Ford places that order, it will show up in OVISS tracking as pending pickup. Ford is slow, that’s why it took me 2 days to show up as pending pickup.
It does? Huh, I was under the impression that it meant that the rail car was in position to unload, but the vehicle was not physically unloaded and moved to the holding lot until it said "Unload" or "UNLD". If that's the case then I feel a bit better about it, but I'm going through day 2 or the actual placement and day 4 of it being in Petersburg and it is still not in OVISS. I appreciate you letting me know and just hearing me complain; it helps to just talk through frustrations (even ones as "minor" as this). I hope you're having a good day and that your truck gets home today.

Sponsored

SinnerSavedByGrace

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
It looks like you are correct. This is from BNSF:
Ford Maverick Finally Built 1648653099462

I never got the unloaded status that you are referencing. I hope yours gets off the car soon and you don't have a long wait for Delivery. Hopefully you don't have another port nearby to compete with like Twin Oaks!

I was looking at OVISS this morning and I now see an Estimated Delivery date next to my vehicle of March 31st. I have never seen that on the tracking site before:
Ford Maverick Finally Built 1648653244585

We will see if this holds up. I know the dealer will need it for a day or two for prep, so hopefully they receive it early on Thursday and I can pick it up on Friday.

• Love
Reactions: BB0

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks like you are correct. This is from BNSF:
1648653099462.png

I never got the unloaded status that you are referencing. I hope yours gets off the car soon and you don't have a long wait for Delivery. Hopefully you don't have another port nearby to compete with like Twin Oaks!

I was looking at OVISS this morning and I now see an Estimated Delivery date next to my vehicle of March 31st. I have never seen that on the tracking site before:
1648653244585.png

We will see if this holds up. I know the dealer will need it for a day or two for prep, so hopefully they receive it early on Thursday and I can pick it up on Friday.
Ahhh ok I'm glad we at least found out! Hopefully those who search for it in the future find it so that it can answer their questions too :) But that's incredible that you actually have a solid date now! Tomorrow is your day :) Have you heard if your dealer is typically fast with dealer prep?

And it looks like mine finally did get put on the OVISS as Pending Pickup!!!!
Ford Maverick Finally Built 1648655769940

I just hope it isn't too too long until it moves!

SinnerSavedByGrace

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Congrats! Now you can stop calling the number and just look on the website a few times a day to see if it changes to “in-route”

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Now you can stop calling the number and just look on the website a few times a day to see if it changes to “in-route”
Thank you and absolutely! I'm tired of calling the rail lines, so this will at least be easier hahaha Godspeed to both of us!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers

First, we have seen incredibly strong demand for this vehicle, receiving 12 months of orders in the first 3 months! This paired with unprecedented supply chain issues has caused delays in scheduling customers’ orders for production. We recognize this has caused frustration, and we are working non-stop to find solutions to get vehicles into your driveways as quickly as possible.

The unforeseen and unprecedented challenges with the supply chain are currently impacting the following optional features and packages on Maverick:
  • Co-Pilot360 package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • XLT Luxury package (optional on XLT trim)
  • Lariat Luxury package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
  • Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in Lariat Luxury package)
  • Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in XLT & Lariat Luxury packages)
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
If you have an unscheduled 2022 model year retail order and have been waiting an extended period for my order to be scheduled, confirm with your Ford dealer that they have completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) and received confirmation of its approval. If your order has any of the constrained options or packages listed above, you could choose to remove them from your order by working with your dealer, and that will increase the chances of it getting scheduled sooner due to the current commodity constraints. While we understand that nobody wants to make tradeoffs, it is an option to consider if you need your vehicle as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.

Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers

First, we have seen incredibly strong demand for this vehicle, receiving 12 months of orders in the first 3 months! This paired with unprecedented supply chain issues has caused delays in scheduling customers’ orders for production. We recognize this has caused frustration, and we are working non-stop to find solutions to get vehicles into your driveways as quickly as possible.

The unforeseen and unprecedented challenges with the supply chain are currently impacting the following optional features and packages on Maverick:
  • Co-Pilot360 package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • XLT Luxury package (optional on XLT trim)
  • Lariat Luxury package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
  • Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in Lariat Luxury package)
  • Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in XLT & Lariat Luxury packages)
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
If you have an unscheduled 2022 model year retail order and have been waiting an extended period for my order to be scheduled, confirm with your Ford dealer that they have completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) and received confirmation of its approval. If your order has any of the constrained options or packages listed above, you could choose to remove them from your order by working with your dealer, and that will increase the chances of it getting scheduled sooner due to the current commodity constraints. While we understand that nobody wants to make tradeoffs, it is an option to consider if you need your vehicle as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.
Thank you for the message and I certainly look forward to getting my truck (hopefully) soon!

However, this message may be best shared in a new thread if you were trying to reach a larger audience; I fear that this thread is really only monitored by a few people currently waiting on vehicles that are in transit. I appreciate you being involved with the forum!

EDIT: I see that you posted this in multiple places, so disregard my comment! Thank you!

Last edited:

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahhh ok I'm glad we at least found out! Hopefully those who search for it in the future find it so that it can answer their questions too :) But that's incredible that you actually have a solid date now! Tomorrow is your day :) Have you heard if your dealer is typically fast with dealer prep?

And it looks like mine finally did get put on the OVISS as Pending Pickup!!!!
1648655769940.png

I just hope it isn't too too long until it moves!
Mine also just showed as pending pickup in the last hour or so! I'm ready to be done with this whole process, and I can't wait to finally see it! They typically leave the shipping yard within a day or so when they head to my dealership, so it should definitely be here by the end of this week!

Ford Maverick Finally Built IMG_7608

• Love

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine also just showed as pending pickup in the last hour or so! I'm ready to be done with this whole process, and I can't wait to finally see it! They typically leave the shipping yard within a day or so when they head to my dealership, so it should definitely be here by the end of this week!

IMG_7608.jpg
Ford Maverick Finally Built 1648676024938

So happy for you! I hope yours gets home tomorrow! Keep us updated!

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1648653244585.png

Today's your day!!! I hope it gets there safely and that the buying process goes smoothly!

IMG_7608.jpg
Since we both got to "Pending Pickup" on the same day I think we'll be fairly close to see updates! Keep an eye on the order type; from what I can tell, when it switches from "Individual" to "Load Child" and you get an estimated delivery date below your dealer's address, you should be close! Currently mind still says "Individual" and no EDD, but I will let you know if mine changes :)
Sponsored