Sponsored

Electrical/Shut Off Question

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Ford Maverick
Hello all! Just picked up my XLT with Luxury Package on Wednesday....I am loving it! My question is this...

On my way to work this morning, I was trying to adjust the brightness of my dash/nav screen...I turned the headlight dial by accident. I thought I put it back to "Auto" and decided I"d figure it out later.

I get to work and I see one of my employees, so I stop to talk to him about how the overnight shift went, etc etc etc...I turn everything off except not everything turned off. I know that you shut down and the radio continues to operate until you open the door to get out. This was not that. I opened the door and the dash shut down while everything was still running! I started the car again thinking I might have done something wrong shutting down the car...maybe it requires something different than EVERY OTHER CAR I'VE EVER OWNED: Take out the key... Nope, still the same thing. I try manually shutting down the radio using the power button on the nav screen, below the nav screen, and on the steering wheel...no dice.

I shut it down: Still on...
I get out and shut the door: Still on...
I lock the doors: Still on...

TO make a long story short, I get back in the car and drive it to the dealership and while I'm there, I realize (30 mins later) the ONLY thing I touched was the headlight dial...I rotate that and the car seems to sync.

Since then I've been able to recreate this like it's a design. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this configuration would exist causing the radio and inner dash lights to stay on but not adjustable once the car has been cut off, exited, and locked...?

Has anyone else come across this or have a reason why this weird combo would be there???
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I donā€™t have my Hybrid I canā€™t recreate the issue but here are some snippets from the manual. They may provide some assistance. Since you could recreate it and you said it was by design, Iā€™m wondering if given proper time they will all shut off. I didnā€™t see an explanation in the manual of what your explained.

Ford Maverick Electrical/Shut Off Question 89365A5F-C525-46D4-8738-4B2FE18B30B5
Ford Maverick Electrical/Shut Off Question 56898419-C4F5-47FF-89E7-DBC793E878D1
Ford Maverick Electrical/Shut Off Question 80F02D74-C950-4AB2-9726-4B2C231F864A
Ford Maverick Electrical/Shut Off Question EB6884D8-9C60-4763-8FAE-20FEAF9B7A0C
Ford Maverick Electrical/Shut Off Question FFA0A6E3-7673-436F-9112-02D1384B7F09

Poorpop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a similar issue yesterday. After turning off my 2022 Lariat Hybrid and opening the Driver door, the door chimes continued and the exterior lights stayed on for an extended time. The radio would turn off, but if I pushed the on button without restarting the engine it would start playing. The truck eventually shut down. After reading the above post I checked the headlight switch and noticed I did not have any LED indicators lights on. Turned the knob to automatic lights and LED indicator turn on and my issues were corrected

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, have a similar but not the same weirdness the front amber lights are turning on or not turning off for possibly hours. Think its new BMS or other software upgrades, or a diagnostic mode left on. I approach truck it seems to be greeting me with amber lights turned on just by handing the keys. I was able to configure Maverick to appear ā€˜offā€™ when on hybrid ready mode (semi stealth mode) for drive-in and remote camping setups.
So this new mode causes problems with amber greeting lights (day or night)

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a similar issue yesterday. After turning off my 2022 Lariat Hybrid and opening the Driver door, the door chimes continued and the exterior lights stayed on for an extended time. The radio would turn off, but if I pushed the on button without restarting the engine it would start playing. The truck eventually shut down. After reading the above post I checked the headlight switch and noticed I did not have any LED indicators lights on. Turned the knob to automatic lights and LED indicator turn on and my issues were corrected
Thanks!
This was just happening to mine for the first time. Couldn't figure it out, did a quick search on this forum and found this post.

Turning the headlights to on and back to auto fixed it for some reason.
Sponsored