First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i drive eco i want see difference in power on the freeway and 2way streets. Has anyone drove both?
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow - that is great news! I have not had the opportunity to ask someone about their experience with the hybrid and your commute is almost identical to mine. I live in northcentral Florida so I have no hills to deal with, completely flat for me. If you are averaging 45-51 mpg most days, that is far better than I would have thought possible, so that is great news. Thanks for the response!
Completely agree with ClemsonU88's assessment of driving mileage experience with the hybrid. Many of the freeways here are under construction due to retrofitting the bridges for earthquakes so the speed limit is 55 (not that many observe it), but there are spots where I can do over 65mph and I will get 40-50 mpg easily. That hybrid is no dog either. Plenty of power in Normal mode and the Sport mode, I have to say, is a head snapper. I don't know how they do it, but the posted 191 horsepower feels like 250 horses. The hybrid is quick (no hesitation) and very maneuverable. Unless you need more towing capacity or do a lot of off-road, you can't go wrong with the hybrid.

OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow - thanks! Great video.

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The condition you described for daily commute would be ideal use for truck. On a like cross city trip using fast cross town highway for bulk of the miles routinely get upper 40s to low 50s. Mid 50s with some stop and go miles if I hit rush hour flows.

OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The condition you described for daily commute would be ideal use for truck. On a like cross city trip using fast cross town highway for bulk of the miles routinely get upper 40s to low 50s. Mid 50s with some stop and go miles if I hit rush hour flows.
Thanks for the feedback ... looking forward to getting the hybrid! I ordered my MY2023 XLT this afternoon ... 🤞

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my XLT hybrid, now with 15k trouble free miles...25100 OTD, picked up dec 23, 2021. A solid 10 on a 1-10 scale.

My .02 Averaging 43 mpg over the life, with 50/50 estimate Hwy/City

Ford Maverick Drove a Hybrid Maverick for the First Time maverickcactusgray

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i drive eco i want see difference in power on the freeway and 2way streets. Has anyone drove both?
Frankly, I don't bother with the Eco mode since I'm already getting great mileage. I'd rather not lose any engine performance that I would guess I'd lose with the Eco mode. Anyone have a different experience?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly, I don't bother with the Eco mode since I'm already getting great mileage. I'd rather not lose any engine performance that I would guess I'd lose with the Eco mode. Anyone have a different experience?
You don't lose any power in eco mode--you just need to push the pedal a little harder to access it. Regenerative braking is also more active in eco mode, which I prefer.

I've tried both modes, and I actually prefer the eco mode. Smooth driving, and all the power when I need it.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't lose any power in eco mode--you just need to push the pedal a little harder to access it. Regenerative braking is also more active in eco mode, which I prefer.

I've tried both modes, and I actually prefer the eco mode. Smooth driving, and all the power when I need it.
Thank you! Good to know. I'll need to reassess my opinion of using eco.

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
For what it's worth, that battery under thee rear seat in the hybrid IS the regular 12V car battery. The bigger high-voltage battery that actually does the "hybrid stuff" is somewhere else. (Not sure where - I had the EcoBoost)
main Hybrid battery is underneath the truck

OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my XLT hybrid, now with 15k trouble free miles...25100 OTD, picked up dec 23, 2021. A solid 10 on a 1-10 scale.

My .02 Averaging 43 mpg over the life, with 50/50 estimate Hwy/City

maverickcactusgray.jpg
Great to know you still love the Maverick hybrid after nine months! I placed my MY2023 order yesterday and decided to stick with the hybrid. Can't wait to get it, and hope my experience is equally as impressive as yours. BTW, Beautiful Maverick as well! We don't have to deal with that 'white stuff' here in FL, but I suppose the FWD of the hybrid has performed well for you too.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to know you still love the Maverick hybrid after nine months! I placed my MY2023 order yesterday and decided to stick with the hybrid. Can't wait to get it, and hope my experience is equally as impressive as yours. BTW, Beautiful Maverick as well! We don't have to deal with that 'white stuff' here in FL, but I suppose the FWD of the hybrid has performed well for you too.
yes, the FWD handles nicely in snow. Many SUVs on the road are FWD, as are many cars, and they drive good in the snow, so with the extra height of the maverick, it handles great in snow. Just my experiences. Sticking with the hybrid was the RIGHT choice, unless towing 4k regularly.
Sponsored