Sponsored

Downsizing In Progress

Maverick77

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
74
Reaction score
81
Location
Dodgeville Wis.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in the process of replacing my 2019 F-150 with a Maverick as I will be retiring at the end of this year. I had three Rangers over the years, a 2017 Chevy Colorado extended cab, and then my current F-150. Looked at the current Ranger and it is not much smaller than the F-150's from the early 2000's in my opinion. I had a 1977 Maverick when I was a senior in high school and a little after that which is where my username came from. I participated in the RangerStation online years ago and am a 6-year contributing member of F150forum.com. My other vehicle is a 2023 Equinox which is OK. I will be looking for all the information that I can regarding accessories and so forth. I selected the Lariat to get the 360 camera as I got spoiled with it in my Equinox. Very sad that Ford does not offer it in the XLT. I really wanted a XLT with cloth, FX4, and tow package along with the 360 camera. Well you all know about that dream. Tremor would be my next choice IF the 4K tow package was offered, but no. So I am settling for a Lariat. I like the wheels but not particularly the 19" size. I always liked having more rubber sidewall like the 17" offers. I ran 18" on my F-150 XLT Sport. Now onto finding a hard top cover for my Wisconsin snowfalls. I had a Gator tri-fold hard cover that rested on top of the bed rails that held up very well, but the Maverick is very unique with the front design. I do not want one that blocks the rear window. Ideally for me would be a 3 section cover that can fold up two section on top of the front section. This should be enough space to put two large trash cans for hauling yard debris to the land fill. Oh the hunt is on. I spent a lot of money on my F-150 also making it mine with different wheels, a rear step, LED front and rear lights, floor protection, and on and on and on. Thanks for offering this site.
Sponsored

 

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
greg
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
342
Reaction score
542
Location
menominee michigan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out the Lund 969380 tri fold on Amazon. I think it might be what you're looking for. Very high-quality hard cover with vinyl covering over the top. Sharp looking, easy installation.
 

notfast

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
1,006
Reaction score
1,584
Location
Los Angeles CA
Vehicle(s)
'26 XL hybrid AWD 4K tow
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the wheels but not particularly the 19" size.
Same here. I thought the 18's on the pre-refresh Mavericks were more than sufficient. The 19s are a little too rubber-bandy with the tires for me. Like having 22's on a full-size pickup. I'm sure you could get some 17s or 18s (even factory take-offs from a different Ford model or trim) and sell the 19s fairly easily.

I think these wheels look OEM-adjacent.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/25-xl-in-costco-rims-17-x-8-impulse.65684/
 

tpollauf

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
246
Reaction score
365
Location
Toledo/Port Clinton, Ohio
Vehicle(s)
1992 F-150, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT, 2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I had a 1977 Maverick when I was a senior in high school and a little after that which is where my username came from.
Another '77 grad here ;) . I too will be downsizing like what you're doing BUT from two of my vehicles, down to one. I have a 1992 F150 currently being restored (bought it need 34 years ago) and when it is done, it will be my "hauler & oversize load" truck to use when I need to move a bunch of big stuff. I'll be selling my '14 Silverado & my
Ford Maverick Downsizing In Progress IMG_6024
'04 Vibe. Both are already spoken for. I personally experienced how easy it is to parallel park the Maverick in tight spaces. This only took one attempt and two "back & forth" nudges to get it in.
 

rk06382

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
785
Reaction score
1,060
Location
Alaska
Vehicle(s)
2025 Velocity Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 1990 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the Maverick Truck Club forum from Alaska!

Please post pictures of your new Maverick. :camera:
Sponsored

 
 







Top