Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Lariat 4k FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a while now, but haven't seen this specific issue addressed on here, so thought I'd join and post.

I have a 2023 Lariat 4k FX4 with 8k miles and when I open the driver door (also confirmed that it does it with the other doors now too), the speaker makes a noise similar to plugging a guitar into an amp, or a old truck door hinge creak. At first I thought it was the hinge or the spring arm thingy (technical term, I know! 😁), but it sometimes will make the noise a second time and the door isn't moving. I can also feel the speaker cover vibrate.

The other thing to note is that it only seems to do it when the truck has been off for a while and is waking up from full shut down.

Anyone else have this issue? I've seen a few other people having speaker issues, so maybe this is related. I did try to search for this issue, but maybe someone can point me to other with this issue, and/or possible fixes.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a while now, but haven't seen this specific issue addressed on here, so thought I'd join and post.

I have a 2023 Lariat 4k FX4 with 8k miles and when I open the driver door (also confirmed that it does it with the other doors now too), the speaker makes a noise similar to plugging a guitar into an amp, or a old truck door hinge creak. At first I thought it was the hinge or the spring arm thingy (technical term, I know! 😁), but it sometimes will make the noise a second time and the door isn't moving. I can also feel the speaker cover vibrate.

The other thing to note is that it only seems to do it when the truck has been off for a while and is waking up from full shut down.

Anyone else have this issue? I've seen a few other people having speaker issues, so maybe this is related. I did try to search for this issue, but maybe someone can point me to other with this issue, and/or possible fixes.

Thanks!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds weird for sure- never had that happen.
Sponsored