Sponsored

Does anyone have a throttle chip installed?

Jag42

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Roar pedal throttle control installed on my Focus ST, and it made a huge difference. Does anyone have one similar one installed on the Maverick? Race Mode was insane !

Ford Maverick Does anyone have a throttle chip installed? Screenshot_20240111_204634_Facebook
Sponsored

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Roar pedal throttle control installed on my Focus ST, and it made a huge difference. Does anyone have one similar one installed on the Maverick? Race Mode was insane !

Screenshot_20240111_204634_Facebook.jpg
I would be interested in a product that does not leave a footprint on the processor. Keep me updated

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is NO magic answer. Nothing Ford could have done will miraculously increase your HP, MPG, or anything else. Quit believing in stupid conspiracy theories. If you gain in one area, you'll lose in a different area. No free lunch. Maybe one of these modes works better for you, but in total it all comes out even.

sirphobos

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is NO magic answer. Nothing Ford could have done will miraculously increase your HP, MPG, or anything else. Quit believing in stupid conspiracy theories. If you gain in one area, you'll lose in a different area. No free lunch. Maybe one of these modes works better for you, but in total it all comes out even.
Absolutely this. Adding “chips” etc to a computer in all reality does nothing. It may mess with something like fuel maps (I don’t really know) but you have to think about how an engine actually works. You need to add more fuel and more air to make more power. It’s that simple. Without it, you’re getting a placebo effect. It’s not like Ford leaves power hidden behind a setting in computer etc.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely this. Adding “chips” etc to a computer in all reality does nothing. It may mess with something like fuel maps (I don’t really know) but you have to think about how an engine actually works. You need to add more fuel and more air to make more power. It’s that simple. Without it, you’re getting a placebo effect. It’s not like Ford leaves power hidden behind a setting in computer etc.
That's not necessarily true. It may be desirable to detune the engine for better CAFE numbers and then they can have a performance configuration and get to charge more for it. Especially with forced induction engines offering more extensive control over just how much air and fuel is going in to build that power. Take the new Colorados where they had 3 power levels on the same engine and you could option higher or pay post-sale for it to get upgraded by the dealer just flashing it.
Sponsored