Sponsored

Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares??

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FWD EB w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would like to see your photos of Cactus Gray Mavericks with Mabett Fender Flares installed, please.
I ordered a set in December in anticipation of my ordered Maverick, as I thought I might like the lighter color better if I added the black flares. Most of the vehicles I have owned have been either black, dark blue, or dark brown, so this was going to be a big change in color for me.
Unfortunately, one of the tabs on the right front flare is broken. I contacted Ryan Gao via Facebook Messenger about getting a replacement set. He told me I did not need to return the set to Amazon for a refund (that option ended on January 31), that he would send me a replacement set. I have yet to receive a replacement set. I confirmed with him a couple of times since our initial contact in January that I did not need to return the set I have. The last time I checked with him, he did ask for my address and phone number and said he would send me a tracking number later. That was two weeks ago.
The flares have been available on Amazon at least twice since Ryan told me in January that he would send a replacement set.
I picked up my truck from the dealer on February 13. I have since added matte black letters on the tailgate, mud flaps, and a tonneau cover (all also ordered ahead of time!). Now that I have had the truck a couple of weeks, I am getting used to the light color and am starting to think maybe I don’t want those flares on it, after all.

All of that to say: would you please share your photos if you have added Mabett fender flares to your Maverick so that I can see them to help me decide how to proceed.
Thanks!!
Ford Maverick Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares?? IMG_2700

Ford Maverick Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares?? IMG_2687
Sponsored

Last edited:

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking the same, do I still want to order them. On a lighter color I think it will give the appearance of bigger wheel gap. Which is cool with the right wheel/tire combo, with stock 16s it might look funny.
Still deciding.

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here you go. Mine fit well and were easily installed. I think that they give the truck a finished look and protect the fender edges.

Ford Maverick Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares?? 1000000381

Ford Maverick Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares?? 1000000382

Last edited:

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For functionality, this option is great. Especially for those who do a lot of off-road driving. For me, it does make the wheel area appear larger and give it that "Tonka Truck" off-road look. Please don't get offended by this. This is a look that some people want. But if you intend to get larger tires, it might look better to you?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately, one of the tabs on the right front fender is broken. I contacted Ryan Gao via Facebook Messenger about getting a replacement set. He told me I did not need to return the ]
This isn't the first or even the second report of that tab being broken, crap happens but it makes me wonder how they'll survive in the real world. That's stopped me from ordering. What's more troubling is the hassle of getting the issue resolved. Off my wish list.
ATTENTION @MABETT

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was thinking the same, do I still want to order them. On a lighter color I think it will give the appearance of bigger wheel gap. Which is cool with the right wheel/tire combo, with stock 16s it might look funny.
Still deciding.
I have no plans to change the size of tires on it, so that change to the gap appearance is something to consider, as well. Thanks for pointing that out!

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been looking at these for a while, but just can't seem to make myself buy them. The fitment and quality control issues are making me think it's probably worth it to spend the extra money for the Air Design. With my points and site discount, it'll be less than $400.
The Mabetts are really close to being a great product. Just a little more attention to detail and these are a home run for the price. 😬

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard to get off Amazon here in Canada

Sponsored
OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For functionality, this option is great. Especially for those who do a lot of off-road driving. For me, it does make the wheel area appear larger and give it that "Tonka Truck" off-road look. Please don't get offended by this. This is a look that some people want. But if you intend to get larger tires, it might look better to you?
I have no intention of getting bigger tires. Off-roading is not something that has ever appealed to me, so these tires are fine for my purpose at this point in life. I will keep them until they need to be replaced. The reason I decided to order the Mabett flares is because they aren’t so chunky looking and are so much cheaper than theAir Design flares that Ford offers, so I am definitely not aiming for the Tonka Truck look. I only wanted to balance the black along the top of the truck by adding more to the bottom, but now that I am getting used to the light color, it doesn’t feel as off balance as it did when I was drooling over photos before the truck arrived. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hard to get off Amazon here in Canada
It is tricky to catch them when they are available on Amazon here in the U.S., too!

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This isn't the first or even the second report of that tab being broken, crap happens but it makes me wonder how they'll survive in the real world. That's stopped me from ordering. What's more troubling is the hassle of getting the issue resolved. Off my wish list.
ATTENTION @MABETT
I wondered, too, how well they will survive being on the vehicle, but the smaller box inside the big Amazon box was pretty banged up, so I wasn’t surprised (but very disappointed) to find a broken tab.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If somebody made some that were more like what comes on the Bronco Sport, I’d seriously consider them. The ones available for the Maverick are too wide in my opinion.
Ford Maverick Do I still want to add Mabett Fender Flares?? IMG_9789

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed them on a 23 Lariat BAP alto blue. It looks nice with the rest of the blacked out parts of the truck. For $140 they are not bad BUT...I had spaces between the body and some areas of the flares. I don't see how sanding them (which is what some people did) is going to fix the spots where there is not enough plastic. Installation was a pain since the supplied plastic inserts did NOT work on my trucks so it took quit a while to install them. I installed the fog light kit FIRST. I also had to remove the Ford mud flaps and reinstall when done. They did work but I simply had to oval shape some holes on the mud flaps.

After a month I attempted to try and fill the open areas between the flares and the truck body. First I tried to just push some black silicone between the flares and the body. That did not work out well so I removed the silicon. What I finally did was apply tape (masking and painters) all along the fender flare edge and the truck body using small 2-3 inches pieces trying to keep the gap around 1/8". I then used the RIGHT Stuff and filled in the area over the length of the flare edge. Using gloves I smoothed it out pushing in into any gaps nd then removed the tape slowly after a couple of minutes. I changed latex gloves multiple times on each flare to prevent getting any material on the body or flare. Pull the tape slowly and make sure the material does not touch the body or flare. DO not try to re-smooth the surface of the Right Stuff once the tape is off. It will make a mess and smudge on the flare. The color is a ligher grayish black then most black silicons but on my darker truck it is hard to see the difference. Not a perfect solution but better than having gaps that collect dirt and particles.
Sponsored