Sponsored

De-badging / removing hybrid or AWD badge from the tailgate?

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone. I searched for a while but couldnt find a thread on debadging. Has anyone tried removing the hybrid or AWD badge from the tailgate?
Wanting to know if it's just double sided tape or holes for the locating pins.
Thanks
Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Double sided tape. Hot water and waxed dental floss will safely separate it. I removed my AWD to paint it black, then put on new tape and stuck it back on...5 months later no issues.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I took the badges off my last car I used my heat gun and warmed the badges... don't get them too hot or you can damage the paint. Them I used waxed dental floss. they came off pretty easy. I used some stuff from Home Depot called "Pure Citrus Orange." Works great to remove glue without damaging the paint. I use a milt glass cleaner to remove any residue left over.

OP
OP

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its going to be 108° out today so i think I'll hit it with the floss in the afternoon and it should be pretty gummy from the sun

Sponsored

LessFrequent

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Less
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone. I searched for a while but couldnt find a thread on debadging. Has anyone tried removing the hybrid or AWD badge from the tailgate?
Wanting to know if it's just double sided tape or holes for the locating pins.
Thanks
Looks like you're in Las Vegas...just park it in your driveway for an hour or two between 10A and 5P, then use dental floss as recommended by others. I have done same with my Tundra in the past. Your dental floss may break a time or two but just get another piece and keep going. Then use Goo Gone or equivalent to remove any residual glue and then wax...

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just removed the AWD badge...ah, it's refreshing to remove a badge on a week-old car versus fighting the adhesive on an older one. In 58 degrees with no heat gun ran one line of dental floss through each letter and they popped off in about 2 seconds. Applied a couple squirts of Goo Gone and the residual adhesive essentially rolled off in one piece with a quick wipe from a paper towel...
Sponsored