First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about a CAD drawing for the front cubical next to the info screen opening to create an insert with the FIT slot for a cup holder, phone holder, note pad holder, garage door opener, sun glasses, pen holder, ipad, etc.
Sponsored

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
I asked about this in another thread. And even suggested in future models, Ford could add them in other strategic locations to add things like an MDT stand (mobile display terminal stand like sales, gov't services, and LE use for their laptops), mounts for dashcams, mini-tables for the back seat for kids to eat/draw/play on, etc.

Just for the one we get though, things on my list of many ideas:
1. iPad/tablet holder (V-wing styled, holds one tablet for each back seat, top hooks to inner headrest poles)
2: trash bin holder
3: interior 360 degree camera mount
4: lower front support for a pet barrier that also clips into seatbelt clips/LATCH points.
5: stabilizer mount for rear seat cooler (think center seat armrest extended to the floor, clips to the FITS), I have an older Vector 12v cooler that I plan on re-engineering for this project).

I have more ideas. The problem is that I want to get my hands on my Maverick to start making some for mine, and some require FITS in locations that it's not actually there (yet). :)

And I like the idea of the projector mount. I have a Kodak Luma projector (small, but it works) that would be awesome to shine against a white wall or something and lay in the bed n watch a movie.
Forums are starting to pop up, like FITS Up Front to address this very issue. Screw FOMOCO. Once the measurements are posted they no longer hold the 'rights' and anything is fair game. Hey, the blue oval even said they encourage makers to do their own thing. Well, let's do it!

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about a CAD drawing for the front cubical next to the info screen opening to create an insert with the FIT slot for a cup holder, phone holder, note pad holder, garage door opener, sun glasses, pen holder, ipad, etc.
Won't need a CAD drawing. A good old-fashioned set of manual measurements using a caliper and folding rule will give us all we need. I have a Prusa 3D printer but no truck yet. Tell me who wins if I get the dimensions of the cubby and FITS slot. Not concerned in the slightest if Blue Oval is dragging their feet or reneging on a promise.

Currently I'm sitting in Kenya on a business trip for the next three weeks and FOMOCO hasn't seen fit to deliver my Maverick, so I'm looking to make the best use of my time - by hacking their stuff! If you have the measuring tools and would invest a few minutes to measure the dash cubby and confirm FITS slot dimensions we would ALL appreciate it and benefit from your effort.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Won't need a CAD drawing. A good old-fashioned set of manual measurements using a caliper and folding rule will give us all we need. I have a Prusa 3D printer but no truck yet. Tell me who wins if I get the dimensions of the cubby and FITS slot. Not concerned in the slightest if Blue Oval is dragging their feet or reneging on a promise.

Currently I'm sitting in Kenya on a business trip for the next three weeks and FOMOCO hasn't seen fit to deliver my Maverick, so I'm looking to make the best use of my time - by hacking their stuff! If you have the measuring tools and would invest a few minutes to measure the dash cubby and confirm FITS slot dimensions we would ALL appreciate it and benefit from your effort.
If I ever get delivery of my maverick order I would be happy to use some "old school" measuring tools!!

Sponsored

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would a flip down door to make the cubby into more than an open space be appealing? Working on a latching door with supports to turn the door into a small tray - just need several dimensions....

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would a flip down door to make the cubby into more than an open space be appealing? Working on a latching door with supports to turn the door into a small tray - just need several dimensions....
Like your idea on a flip door. Found this information from a search on this site:
Ford Maverick Custom Rear slot. (“FITS”) 1637937271078

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like your idea on a flip door. Found this information from a search on this site:
1637937271078.png
Outstanding! I'll run with the 75mm depth dimension at this point. As I've said elsewhere on this forum, I'm sitting in Kenya at the moment and have a lot of time on my hands, no truck yet, and a burning desire to shove a design up FOMOCO's A&&. It will most likely need a few tweeks in the future but let's see what comes out in the first iteration....It's Show Time, Folks!

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outstanding! I'll run with the 75mm depth dimension at this point. As I've said elsewhere on this forum, I'm sitting in Kenya at the moment and have a lot of time on my hands, no truck yet, and a burning desire to shove a design up FOMOCO's A&&. It will most likely need a few tweeks in the future but let's see what comes out in the first iteration....It's Show Time, Folks!
If anyone is really interested in hacking the cubby, some Saran Wrap and a good tight Bondo pack would produce an extremely accurate model from which dimensions could be produced and accessories could start flowing.

Any takers? This method would absolutely produce accurate dimensions without screwing up ANYTHING on the dash or in the cubby.

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is really interested in hacking the cubby, some Saran Wrap and a good tight Bondo pack would produce an extremely accurate model from which dimensions could be produced and accessories could start flowing.

Any takers? This method would absolutely produce accurate dimensions without screwing up ANYTHING on the dash or in the cubby.
If nobody does this before I get back home (and get my truck) I will be happy to.

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If nobody does this before I get back home (and get my truck) I will be happy to.
There was a previous post about a totaled Maverick as the result of a deer strike, which I could find it to hack out the cubby for ya.

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a previous post about a totaled Maverick as the result of a deer strike, which I could find it to hack out the cubby for ya.
Sorry to hear about the deer strike and the loss of a new Maverick, but if you have the opportunity and are close enough, getting all the measurements possible would be a huge benefit to this community! Once I get back home from overseas I'll be in Murrells Inlet, SC. If the remains of the Maverick are close to me I'd be all over taking a trip to take some measurements. Whatever makes sense for the community here.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You could use dental impression gel.