First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2011 Ranger regular cab 2.3l 5-speed. Has 175k miles on it. Going to sell to father in law, with the idea that if he ever decides to get rid of it - he sells back to me!
Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I’ve owned pickups since 1990 - all Chevy and GMC. For some strange reason, I leased my last Denali. When the lease was over, I was truckless for the first time in 30 years. I have a company car (Forester) - but I need a truck in my life, just not a full size one anymore. Life without a truck sucks and I’m quite smitten with the Maverick. I was thinking about a Gladiator, but it’s a bit too crude for me. And the Ridgeline is too expensive for a second vehicle.

Last edited:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired and want to go to one vehicle. Have had a Subaru wagon for 21 years, 262k miles, it’s my hauler. Also have a 2017 Subaru Impreza I would be trading on the Maverick. Impreza’s a great car but I can’t haul much for project supplies. If I can convince my wife that the Maverick is not TOO big, because large vehicles intimidate her. The attached drawing/photo is to show her it’s not much bigger than what we’ve been driving for 21 years. The Maverick would also fit in our small townhouse garage.

Ford Maverick Current Daily Driver? 7EB98047-77FA-4ECB-965A-B8FDB6EDF1BC

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
oljackfrost, I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but we own the following Subaru's right now:

Forester (me)
CrossTrek (wife)
Outback Wagon 6M (me/son's use)

I also recently sold my BRZ. I'm not a Subaru fanatic...they just happen to make the things we like to drive. We will trade in the Crosstrek for the Maverick. My Forester is a company car and will be replaced in June - with what I do not know yet...could be another Subaru (I like AWD).

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you like the BRZ? I'm a sucker for light, low powered, well-handling cars.

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
oljackfrost, I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but we own the following Subaru's right now:

Forester (me)
CrossTrek (wife)
Outback Wagon 6M (me/son's use)

I also recently sold my BRZ. I'm not a Subaru fanatic...they just happen to make the things we like to drive. We will trade in the Crosstrek for the Maverick. My Forester is a company car and will be replaced in June - with what I do not know yet...could be another Subaru (I like AWD).
I must say, I really like the Crosstrek. When it was available in a burnt orange color, I came pretty close to getting one. One of the few vehicles available with AWD and a manual shifter. And it's priced reasonably. That car's a winner.

I also test drove a BRZ when they first came out. Nice little sporty car. I just couldn't justify trading away the relative practicality of my Focus as a commuter. But you definitely have good taste in cars.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
My BRZ was real special. It was super charged and tastefully modified. I’m 58 now and I felt like people who saw me driving it were saying “oh that’s nice, his son let him drive his car”. The car was garage kept, only driven in the warm months and never once driven in the rain. I asked a premium price for the car and it sold in 3 days at full asking. I have owned many fun cars throughout the years (including 240Z’s, MR2’s, CRXsi, 330ci, GSX...) but I think that BRZ was my last sports car.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Retired and want to go to one vehicle. Have had a Subaru wagon for 21 years, 262k miles, it’s my hauler. Also have a 2017 Subaru Impreza I would be trading on the Maverick. Impreza’s a great car but I can’t haul much for project supplies. If I can convince my wife that the Maverick is not TOO big, because large vehicles intimidate her. The attached drawing/photo is to show her it’s not much bigger than what we’ve been driving for 21 years. The Maverick would also fit in our small townhouse garage.

7EB98047-77FA-4ECB-965A-B8FDB6EDF1BC.jpeg
Where'd you find that maverick outline?? I want to see my mazda 3 against it

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Current Daily Driver? DBFF69A9-5FEC-421F-84CC-BA2B697B121E

I drew it. I was an art director. I wanted to get an idea of size so I used the photos that are out there of the early prototype overlayed with a Bronc Sport and used the Bronco Sport measurements to put it together. I’ll post a drawing without the Subaru.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drew it. I was an art director. I wanted to get an idea of size so I used the photos that are out there of the early prototype overlayed with a Bronc Sport and used the Bronco Sport measurements to put it together. I’ll post a drawing without the Subaru.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a white one for those with dark vehicles excuse the stripe, I was fooling around!
Ford Maverick Current Daily Driver? A4D77E86-9803-4B5C-9D53-12C64F6225BD

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
DBFF69A9-5FEC-421F-84CC-BA2B697B121E.jpeg

I love it! Especially since I have alto blue as one of my color choices, would you call this minimalist art? 80's style art?

OP
OP

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a white one for those with dark vehicles excuse the stripe, I was fooling around!
A4D77E86-9803-4B5C-9D53-12C64F6225BD.jpeg
What’re the specs? Overall length, bed length and tire size? What engine is under the hood? Manual transmission? Haha I’m fooling but love the art!!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love it! Especially since I have alto blue as one of my color choices, would you call this minimalist art? 80's style art?
Just simple linear drawing not any particular genre.
Sponsored