First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not specifically about the Maverick, but surely relates to the Mav's production numbers vis-a-vis chip availability.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/for...tm_campaign=newsletter_axioscloser&stream=top
I agree Mike. While we have the "Constraint" list that refers to bed covers and Spray-in Bedliner, I haven't read anything about a Chip Constraint on the Maverick. It is definitely affecting all auto manufacturers, and the Maverick probably is affected also. I just read several articles about Ford and GM idling plants due to Chip/COVID related issues. Here is one that came out this morning (9/2)...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...zNllVeub24RzA9w4cDAw5pnWaVILag9hhsgKADrnYHiAc

Emily-Perkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Luxury FX4
Not specifically about the Maverick, but surely relates to the Mav's production numbers vis-a-vis chip availability.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/for...tm_campaign=newsletter_axioscloser&stream=top

“Our teams are making the most of our available semiconductor allocation, finding unique solutions to provide as many high-quality vehicles as possible to our dealers and customers,”

I feel like they are using this to boost the sales of the Maverick without saying it.

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Our teams are making the most of our available semiconductor allocation, finding unique solutions to provide as many high-quality vehicles as possible to our dealers and customers,”

I feel like they are using this to boost the sales of the Maverick without saying it.
I think that Ford, like any for-profit company, has to prioritize their chip allocations to the most profitable vehicles they sell. At the Maverick's price point, I have to believe we aren't buying into their most profitable product line. The only thing that Ford is boosting right now on the Maverick is "orders". It's not a "sale" until they deliver the product and collect the Ca$h. I'd like to find a silver lining in all this, but I've yet to see a glimmer.

OP
OP
garnermike

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree Mike. While we have the "Constraint" list that refers to bed covers and Spray-in Bedliner, I haven't read anything about a Chip Constraint on the Maverick. It is definitely affecting all auto manufacturers, and the Maverick probably is affected also. I just read several articles about Ford and GM idling plants due to Chip/COVID related issues. Here is one that came out this morning (9/2)...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...zNllVeub24RzA9w4cDAw5pnWaVILag9hhsgKADrnYHiAc
Thanks, Chris. IMO, based on all I've read, it's lack of chips--whether due to COVID impacts or that fire at a big Japanese chip factory--that's delaying deliveries of just about every new vehicle in the industry. In a challenging sales year, a vehicle's profit margin could play a bigger role in a manufacturer's decision on what to built and when. I've moved my delivery expectations on my hybrid Lariat Mav back to Dec-Jan. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised if I get it sooner.
Sponsored

Reactions: Yar