Cheap solution for lack of rear A/C

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seriously could fly a kite in Mybrid with AC on high and recirc on. And it will give you brain freeze from the outside. I had my kids and a different time buddy and his wife in back seat. Pointed to center vents straight back. No issues at all. 90° outside...i bet if 110 it would've been the same. Recirc the cold air.
I totally agree. I've had to turn it down a notch multiple times.

Ford Maverick Cheap solution for lack of rear A/C 0166fe90-f644-49cb-b2af-c68ab295073d_text

This thing gets crazy cold. But a rear one wouldn't hurt. It might even help tone it down a notch lol. Sometimes it feels like the sensor is outside and I'm wondering "Isn't it 72C in here? I'm freezing!"
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat has a dual zone climate control. When I ordered it I thought that it meant front to back. Not driver and passenger. It was part of the package and would never have ordered it on its own. How much difference can it make anyway? Front to back would have been better.
Huge! My wife will put her temp on 79 while I have mine on 71. She’s always “chilly”. Same for the bed at night: sheets, blanket, bedspread and comforter for her. The sheet is all I need 😉

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I totally agree. I've had to turn it down a notch multiple times.

0166fe90-f644-49cb-b2af-c68ab295073d_text.gif

This thing gets crazy cold. But a rear one wouldn't hurt. It might even help tone it down a notch lol. Sometimes it feels like the sensor is outside and I'm wondering "Isn't it 72C in here? I'm freezing!"
If it was in the back, where would you even point it? Down on the floor like the VW bug heaters? In the center console at your beans? They already getting a face job from the front centers. :ROFLMAO: Swap the headrest speakers out for a earjob. Is this FordHub?

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't want/need an aux fan; good on you. Nobody said you have to buy one. Chill, watch the curves, and have a wonderful day!!!
You live in Mesa. There are literally 0 curves.

Signed - guy from Gilbert (also has 0 curves)

Maverick#

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT/ Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That sounds like a good idea I have USB Fan that might work if ever need it :)(y)

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It comes In the color AREA51 too!

Ford Maverick Cheap solution for lack of rear A/C IMG_0062

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Huge! My wife will put her temp on 79 while I have mine on 71. She’s always “chilly”. Same for the bed at night: sheets, blanket, bedspread and comforter for her. The sheet is all I need 😉
Well my wife is very similar to yours now that I got to use it found it to be helpfull.
Sponsored