First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman about changing my order going up to lariat trim and getting different wheels a couple days ago and he said that he hasn’t gotten a hold of his Ford rep yet, is this normal?
Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. They should be able to do it in Ford’s online ordering system. My salesman just has his manager make any changes, I’ve added some things on two occasions, last one was yesterday.

OP
OP

Justinb625

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. They should be able to do it in Ford’s online ordering system. My salesman just has his manager make any changes, I’ve added some things on two occasions, last one was yesterday.
What should I do want it changed before I get the VIN

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should I do want it changed before I get the VIN
Just keep on them. Maybe ask why they can’t do it themselves through Ford’s system? Sounds like maybe they don’t really know the process.

OP
OP

Justinb625

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think they do becuase when I went in there a while ago to order he said that the xlt had the wireless charger and push button start and had the newest sync 4 not even the 3 that the lariat if I knew that I would have gotten the lariat originally

Sponsored

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
I don’t think they do becuase when I went in there a while ago to order he said that the xlt had the wireless charger and push button start and had the newest sync 4 not even the 3 that the lariat if I knew that I would have gotten the lariat originally
Did you have any luck?

I recently notified my dealer that I wanted to change my order from XLT to XL. I sent him a copy of the new build and he said that he had it taken care of. When I initially ordered, I was a given a copy of of the complete order to include price + taxes/fees. I sent dealer a follow-up email requesting the same documentation for the XL, but no response yet. I definitely will not feel comfortable until I have something in writing that confirms my revised order.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have any luck?

I recently notified my dealer that I wanted to change my order from XLT to XL. I sent him a copy of the new build and he said that he had it taken care of. When I initially ordered, I was a given a copy of of the complete order to include price + taxes/fees. I sent dealer a follow-up email requesting the same documentation for the XL, but no response yet. I definitely will not feel comfortable until I have something in writing that confirms my revised order.
Keep on them, if possible, show up in person. I changed mine 3 times already.

OP
OP

Justinb625

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have any luck?

I went to the dealer yesterday and talked to the salesman he said he hasn’t heard back from the Ford rep but went over what I wanted to change, he said if he can’t change it they will make a new order for me and keep the original order for me on the lot and sell it he said that he’ll hopefully get a hold of the rep this week

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Thanks, but just to clarify, were you given anything in writing that reflects your order changes, including price?
You can ask your salesperson for your order summary, which will reflect any changes that have been made to the order.

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to the dealer yesterday and talked to the salesman he said he hasn’t heard back from the Ford rep but went over what I wanted to change, he said if he can’t change it they will make a new order for me and keep the original order for me on the lot and sell it he said that he’ll hopefully get a hold of the rep this week
I heard nothing about " the Ford rep" during my reservation and one modification. All the work I saw was done on the computer.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, but just to clarify, were you given anything in writing that reflects your order changes, including price?
Yes, dealer sent me a build sheet to review, making sure she didn't miss anything or add something i didn't need. Then, after confirming options, she sent me the paperwork to sign.

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Yes, dealer sent me a build sheet to review, making sure she didn't miss anything or add something i didn't need. Then, after confirming options, she sent me the paperwork to sign.
Thanks. I am pretty disappointed with the communications with my dealer. I even went with a different dealer from my last Ford deal hoping the communications would be better. But, no luck.....

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I ordered through Granger and changed my order twice (changed my initial order to an Area 51 First Edition, saw A51 on a Bronco Sport with the wife and she hated it, so changed it back to Cyber Orange with a sunroof) and each time got an updated order sheet with final pricing before any incentives during the delivery month.
Sponsored