Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am currently in MavLimbo waiting…but I rented a Chevy Malibu in LA and noticed that ACP and AA (I guess) can optionally link via Bluetooth. Does your Maverick have this? BTW, I think I was the only one in LA that WASN'T driving with a phone in their hand 😡
Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my XLT Lux it has to be plugged in to operate Apple Car Play. It will play your music and music apps such as Pandora bluetooth, but not ACP.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am currently in MavLimbo waiting…but I rented a Chevy Malibu in LA and noticed that ACP and AA (I guess) can optionally link via Bluetooth. Does your Maverick have this? BTW, I think I was the only one in LA that WASN'T driving with a phone in their hand 😡
Wireless Android Auto/Carplay technically only partially use Bluetooth for handling calls and initialization. The bulk of the wireless data transfer such as inputs and screen display are over a negotiated direct wi-fi connection.

There are readily available adapters to allow systems that only support wired AA/Carplay such as the Maverick to utilize wireless. I have one by AAWireless for Android Auto and other than a few times it didn't connect automatically has been flawless.

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a " Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter" for my Samsung. Just serch for an apple carplay wireless adapter. Look at reviews to get a good one. The MA1 does not work for ACP.

OP
OP
lajlmt

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wireless Android Auto/Carplay technically only partially use Bluetooth for handling calls and initialization. The bulk of the wireless data transfer such as inputs and screen display are over a negotiated direct wi-fi connection.

There are readily available adapters to allow systems that only support wired AA/Carplay such as the Maverick to utilize wireless. I have one by AAWireless for Android Auto and other than a few times it didn't connect automatically has been flawless.
I bought one on Amazon for $45, it works really well just worry about battery drain after my Hyundai Kona is off, should work on the Mav IF I EVER GET IT!!

OP
OP
lajlmt

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a " Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter" for my Samsung. Just serch for an apple carplay wireless adapter. Look at reviews to get a good one. The MA1 does not work for ACP.
Found it, got on Amazon and it works great.
Sponsored