Sponsored

Carplay Disables Bluetooth

xaja34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
I am using CarPlay with my iPhone 6s.
The 6s has no SIM card thus cannot be used to phone but is connected to the car's WiFi hot spot.
I have another flip phone which I use as my cellphone and is connected thru Bluetooth.
Problem is when I connect the iPhone it disables the Bluetooth.
Anyone know of a workaround? Thanks.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see what you’re saying. You might need to change instead of the car on this one.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am using CarPlay with my iPhone 6s.
The 6s has no SIM card thus cannot be used to phone but is connected to the car's WiFi hot spot.
I have another flip phone which I use as my cellphone and is connected thru Bluetooth.
Problem is when I connect the iPhone it disables the Bluetooth.
Anyone know of a workaround? Thanks.
In my Toyota, there's a setting via the display that allows me to set the driver's phone as a phone, and another phone for media (streaming services and Toyota Entune). So for instance, if my spouse is driving, that phone is connected through BT for calls, but my phone is connected for streaming music.

You might check your owner's encyclopedia to see if that can be done on the Maverick.

OP
OP

xaja34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
In my Toyota, there's a setting via the display that allows me to set the driver's phone as a phone, and another phone for media (streaming services and Toyota Entune). So for instance, if my spouse is driving, that phone is connected through BT for calls, but my phone is connected for streaming music.

You might check your owner's encyclopedia to see if that can be done on the Maverick.
Thanks for the advice. I've looked and I don't see any such setting but I'm new to Sync3 and may have missed it.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Connecting the phone to CarPlay disables BT in every car I've been in. I don't believe there is any way around that. Might be time for a new phone arrangement.
Sponsored